- Cast: Jensen Ackles, Jaime King, Kerr Smith, Betsy Rue, Edi Gathegi, Tom Atkins, Kevin Tighe, Megan Boone, Karen Baum, Joy de la Paz, Marc Macaulay, Todd Farmer, Jeff Hochendoner, Bingo O'Malley, Liam Rhodes, Michael McKee, Andrew Larson, Jarrod DiGiorgi, Selene Luna, Cherie McClain, Richard John Walters, David Whalen, Denise Dal Vera
- Director: Patrick Lussier
- Writers: Todd Farmer, Zane Smith
- Producer: Jack L. Murray
- Executive Producers: John Dunning, André Link, Michael Paseornek, John Sacchi
- Casting: Nancy Nayor
- Costume Design: Leeann Radeka
- D.O.P.: Brian Pearson
- Editors: Cynthia Ludwig, Patrick Lussier
- Music: Michael Wandmacher
- Production Design: Zack Grobler
- Set Decoration: Maurin L. Scarlata
Ten years ago, a tragedy changed the town of Harmony forever. Tom Hanniger, an inexperienced coal miner, caused an accident in the tunnels that trapped and killed five men and sent the only survivor, Harry Warden, into a permanent coma. But Harry Warden wanted revenge. Exactly one year later, on Valentine's Day, he woke up...and brutally murdered twenty-two people with a pickaxe before being killed.
Ten years later, Tom Hanniger returns to Harmony on Valentine's Day, still haunted by the deaths he caused. Struggling to make amends with his past, he grapples with unresolved feelings for his ex-girlfriend, Sarah, who is now married to his best friend, Axel, the town sheriff. But tonight, after years of peace, something from Harmony's dark past has returned. Wearing a miner's mask and armed with a pickaxe, an unstoppable killer is on the loose. And as his footsteps come ever closer, Tom, Sarah and Axel realize in terror that it just might be Harry Warden who's come back to claim them...
Presented in stunningly real, cutting edge 3D projection, "My Bloody Valentine 3D" stars Jensen Ackles (TV's "Smallville" and "Supernatural"), Jaime King ("The Spirit," "Sin City") and Kerr Smith ("Final Destination," "Dawson's Creek"). A remake of the 1981 horror classic, "My Bloody Valentine 3D" is directed by Patrick Lussier and produced by Jack Murray.
- Aspect Ratio: 2.35:1
- Filming Locations: Pittsburgh, USA
- MPAA Warning: Graphic brutal horror violence and grisly images throughout, some strong sexuality, graphic nudity and language
- Production Companies: Lionsgate
- Production Schedule: 12 May 2008 - July 2008
The filming of the mine scenes took place at the Tour-Ed Mines in Tarentum.
The film will have a 3-D theatrical release and is the first film released in Real D to be rated R for graphic brutal horror violence and grisly images throughout and language.
My Bloody Valentine is a completely 3D film, using new Real D technology, as seen in films such as Journey to the Center of the Earth. The film will also be available in 2D for theaters that are not equipped to process new digital 3D technology.