- Cast: Anne Hathaway, Kate Hudson, Candice Bergen, Kristen Johnston, Bryan Greenberg, Steve Howey, Chris Pratt, Michael Arden, John Pankow, Paul Scheer, Victor Slezak, Kelly Coffield, Zoe O'Grady, Shannon Ferber, June Diane Raphael, Charles Bernard, Bruce Altman, Hettienne Park
- Director: Gary Winick
- Writers: Greg DePaul, Casey Wilson, June Diane Raphael
- Producers: Kate Hudson, Alan Riche, Peter Riche, Julie Yorn
- Co Producer: Devon Wilson
- Executive Producers: Jay Cohen, Jonathan Filley, Matt Luber
- Art Direction: James Donahue
- Castings: Marcia DeBonis, Jennifer Euston
- Costume Design: Karen Patch
- D.O.P.: Frederick Elmes
- Editor: Susan Littenberg
- Music: Ed Shearmur
- Production Design: Dan Leigh
- Set Decoration: Ron von Blomberg
Liv (Kate Hudson) and Emma (Anne Hathaway) are best friends who since childhood have planned every detail of their respective weddings. At the top of their bridal "must have" list: a ceremony at New York's ultimate bridal destination, the Plaza Hotel.
Now, at age 26, they're both about to get married; they're about to realize their dreams; and they're about to live happily ever after.
Or maybe not...
When a clerical error causes a clash in wedding dates - they're now to be married on the same date! - Liv, Emma and their lifelong friendship are put to the ultimate test. Liv, a successful lawyer who is used to getting what she wants, including the perfect job and the perfect man, won't settle for anything less than the perfect wedding she has dreamed of for years. Emma, a schoolteacher who has always been good at taking care of others, but not so much in looking after herself, discovers her inner Bridezilla and comes out swinging when her own dream wedding is imperiled.
Now, the two best friends who'd do anything for each other, find themselves in a no-holds-barred, take-no-prisoners struggle that threatens to erupt into all-out war.
- Aspect Ratio: 1.85:1
- Filming Locations: Boston, USA; New York City, USA
- MPAA Warning: Suggestive content, language and some rude behavior
- Production Budget: $30 million
- Production Companies: Firm Films, New Regency Pictures, Regency Enterprises, Sunrise Entertainment
- Production Schedule: 31 March 2008 - June 2008
Several wives and girlfriends of current Red Sox players were extras in the wedding shower scene.
Raphael and Wilson completed the shooting script of Bride Wars, from an original script by Greg DePaul before the 2007–2008 Writers Guild of America strike began
During a scene in which their characters slap each other (Kate Hudson) accidentally hit (Anne Hathaway) straight in the face very hard. Despite that Hudson hit her with a big diamond ring on her finger, she kept shooting the scenes in pain. Hudson later found Hathaway sitting in a chair with a ice-pack on her face.