- Cast: Elijah Wood, John C. Reilly, Jennifer Connelly, Crispin Glover, Martin Landau, Christopher Plummer, Fred Tatasciore, Alan Oppenheimer, Tom Kane, Helen Wilson
- Director: Shane Acker
- Writers: Pamela Pettler, Shane Acker
- Producers: Timur Bekmambetov, Tim Burton, Dana Ginsburg, Jinko Gotoh, Jim Lemley
- Co Producer: Marci Levine
- Art Direction: Christophe Vacher
- Casting: Mindy Marin
- Editor: Nick Kenway
- Music: Deborah Lurie
- Production Designs: Robert St. Pierre, Fred Warter
When 9 first comes to life, he finds himself in a post-apocalyptic world where all humans are gone, and it is only by chance that he discovers a small community of others like him taking refuge from fearsome machines that roam the earth intent on their extinction. Despite being the neophyte of the group, 9 convinces the others that hiding will do them no good. They must take the offensive if they are to survive, and they must discover why the machines want to destroy them in the first place. As they'll soon come to learn, the very future of civilization may depend on them.
- Aspect Ratio: 1.85:1
- Filming Locations: Luxembourg; Toronto, Canada
- MPAA Warning: Violence and scary images
- Production Budget: $28 million
- Production Companies: Focus Features, Relativity Media, Starz Animation
The second theatrically released computer-animated film to receive PG-13 rating, following Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within (2001).
The design of 3 and 4 is based on a pair of garden gloves -- the thumb can be seen in the back, and the wrist is gathered at the top.