- Cast: Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Zooey Deschanel, Clark Gregg, Matthew Gray Gubler, Jennifer Hetrick, Geoffrey Arend, Olivia Howard Bagg, Patricia Belcher, Rachel Boston, Yvette Nicole Brown, Chris Connell, Adam Emery, Maile Flanagan, Minka Kelly, Alexei Lantsoff, Kevin Leung, Michelle Mason, Chloe Moretz, Jason Robinson, George Romero, Darryl Sivad, Gregory Thompson, Nicole Vicius, Brandon Waters
- Director: Marc Webb
- Writers: Scott Neustadter, Michael Weber
- Producers: Mason Novick, Jessica Tuchinsky, Mark Waters, Steven J. Wolfe
- Co Producer: Scott Hyman
- Associate Producer: Veronica Brooks
- Art Direction: Charles Varga
- Casting: Eyde Belasco
- Costume Design: Hope Hanafin
- D.O.P.: Eric Steelberg
- Editor: Alan Edward Bell
- Makeup: Jorjee Douglas
- Musics: Mychael Danna, Rob Simonsen
- Production Design: Laura Fox
- Set Decoration: Jennifer Lukehart
This post modern love story is never what we expect it to be -- it's thorny yet exhilarating, funny and sad, a twisted journey of highs and lows that doesn't quite go where we think it will. When Tom (Gordon-Levitt), a hapless greeting card copywriter and hopeless romantic, is blindsided after his girlfriend Summer (Zooey Deschanel) dumps him, he shifts back and forth through various periods of their 500 days "together" to try to figure out where things went wrong. His reflections ultimately lead him to finally rediscover his true passions in life.
- Aspect Ratio: 2.35:1
- Filming Locations: Los Angeles, USA
- MPAA Warning: Sexual material and language
- Production Companies: Fox Searchlight, Warner Bros. Pictures
The film's blue-centric color scheme was done to bring out Zooey Deschanel's eyes.
Stars Zooey Deschanel and Joseph Gordon-Levitt have already worked together in the film Manic (2001).
The film marks director Marc Webb's first full length feature film. He has previously directed numerous music videos.