- Cast: Demetri Martin, Jeffrey Dean Morgan, Emile Hirsch, Liev Schreiber, Dan Fogler, Paul Dano, Eugene Levy, Kelli Garner, Imelda Staunton, Mamie Gummer, Skylar Astin, Katherine Waterston, Andy Prosky, Kevin Sussman, Gabriel Sunday, Jonathan Groff, Jason Antoon, Kevin Chamberlin, Henry Goodman, Will Janowitz, Boris McGiver, Michael Zegen, Michael J. Burg, Caitlin Fitzgerald
- Director: Ang Lee
- Writer: James Schamus
- Producers: Ang Lee, James Schamus
- Associate Producers: Patrick Cupo, David Sauers
- Executive Producer: Celia D. Costas
- Art Direction: Peter Rogness
- Casting: Avy Kaufman
- Costume Design: Joseph G. Aulisi
- D.O.P.: Eric Gautier
- Editor: Tim Squyres
- Production Design: David Gropman
- Set Decoration: Ellen Christiansen
An adaptation of Elliot Tiber's memoir "Taking Woodstock: A True Story of a Riot, A Concert, and A Life." Tiber played an unexpected but pivotal role in making the 1969 Woodstock Music and Arts Festival into the famed happening it was.
Working as an interior designer in Greenwich Village during culturally and politically exciting times, Tiber felt empowered by the gay-rights movement. But he was also still staked to the family business – a Catskills motel. As its part-time manager, he had become the local town's issuer of event permits, granting himself one annually for a small music festival. When he heard that the planned Woodstock concert had had its own permit denied by a neighboring town, he called to offer his own.
Soon half a million people were on their way to Tiber's neighbor's farm in White Lake, New York, and Tiber found himself swept up in a generation-defining experience that would change his life, and American culture, forever.
- Aspect Ratio: 2.35:1
- Filming Locations: New York, USA
- MPAA Warning: Graphic nudity, some sexual content, drug use and language
- Production Schedule: August 2008 -