- Cast: Hugh Jackman, Ryan Reynolds, Liev Schreiber, Dominic Monaghan, Lynn Collins, Danny Huston, Daniel Henney, Taylor Kitsch, Kevin Durand, Scott Adkins, Tim Pocock, Aaron Jeffery, Will.i.am, Myles Pollard, Troye Sivan, Alice Parkinson, James D. Dever, Christian Clark, Matthew Dale, Adelaide Clemens, Alexandra Davies, Rob Flanagan
- Director: Gavin Hood
- Writer: David Benioff
- Producers: Kevin Feige, Hugh Jackman, John Palermo, Lauren Shuler Donner, Ralph Winter
- Co Producer: Louis G. Friedman
- Executive Producers: Avi Arad, Stan Lee
- Art Direction: Ian Gracie
- Castings: Christine King, Debra Zane
- D.O.P.: Donald McAlpine
- Editors: Nicolas De Toth, Megan Gil
- Music: Harry Gregson-Williams
- Production Design: Barry Robison
- Set Decoration: Rebecca Cohen
Hugh Jackman reprises the role that made him a superstar - as the fierce fighting machine who possesses amazing healing powers, retractable claws and a primal fury. Leading up to the events of "X-Men," "X-Men Origins: Wolverine" tells the story of Wolverine's epically violent and romantic past, his complex relationship with Victor Creed, and the ominous Weapon X program. Along the way, Wolverine encounters many mutants, both familiar and new, including surprise appearances by several legends of the X-Men universe whose appearances in the film series have long been anticipated.
- Aspect Ratio: 2.35:1
- Filming Locations: Dunedin, New Zealand; Newcastle, Australia; Queenstown, New Zealand;Sydney, Australia
- Production Budget: $110 million
- Production Companies: Donners' Company, Dune Entertainment, Marvel Enterprises, Seed Productions
- Production Schedule: December 10th 2006 - July 2007
This and X-Men: The Last Stand (2006) are the first movies being produced by Hugh Jackman and John Palermo's new production company, Seed Productions.
Zack Snyder and Bryan Singer turned down the chance to direct the film. Snyder was too busy developing Watchmen (2009), while Singer was too busy with other projects. Snyder also was interested in making the film R-rated, while Hugh Jackman and Lauren Shuler Donner wanted to settle on a PG-13 rating.
Brett Ratner, Len Wiseman, and Zack Snyder all expressed interest in directing the film before Gavin Hood was signed.
Ryan Reynolds had been attached to play Wade Wilson/Deadpool in a Deadpool solo movie spearheaded by David S. Goyer some time after Blade: Trinity (2004). Reynolds has been quoted numerous times expressing his interest in the character and to one day play him.
Liev Schreiber got involved when his Hugh Jackman, his good friend, asked him to be apart of the movie. Liev was originally intended to play Stryker, but he was more interested in Sabertooth/Victor Creed
This will be the first time the popular mutant, Gambit will appear in any of the X-Men movies. Gambit was set to appear in X2 in a non-speaking cameo as one of the mutants Professor X hurts with Cerebro.
Deadpool is the only character in the X-Men movie franchise created in the last 25 years.