- Cast: Jim Carrey, Gary Oldman, Colin Firth, Robin Wright Penn, Cary Elwes, Bob Hoskins, Daryl Sabara, Sammi Hanratty, Tarah Paige, Fay Masterson, Molly C. Quinn, Sonje Fortag, Ryan Ochoa, Raymond Ochoa, Jacquie Barnbrook, Ron Bottitta, Kelly Connolly, Beckie King
- Director: Robert Zemeckis
- Writer: Robert Zemeckis
- Producers: Jack Rapke, Steve Starkey, Robert Zemeckis
- Associate Producer: Katherine C. Concepcion
- Art Directions: Marc Gabbana, Mike Stassi
- Castings: Scot Boland, Victoria Burrows, Nina Gold
- D.O.P.: Robert Presley
- Editor: Jeremiah O'Driscoll
- Music: Alan Silvestri
Jim Carrey will play Ebenezer Scrooge, the Ghost of Christmas Past, the Ghost of Christmas Present and the Ghost of Christmas Future in "A Christmas Carol," an adaptation of the Charles Dickens tale that Robert Zemeckis wrote and will direct for Walt Disney Pictures. The Victorian morality tale follows an old and bitter miser, Ebenezer Scrooge, who undergoes a profound experience of redemption over the course of one night. Mr. Scrooge is a financier/money-changer who has devoted his life to the accumulation of wealth. He holds anything other than money in contempt, including friendship, love and the Christmas season.
- Aspect Ratio: 1.85:1
- Production Companies: ImageMovers, Walt Disney Pictures
- Production Schedule: February 2008 -
- The 3D film will be produced through the process of performance capture, a technique Zemeckis has previously used in his films The Polar Express (2004) and Beowulf (2007).
- Carrey has described the film as "a classical version of A Christmas Carol [...] There are a lot of vocal things, a lot of physical things, I have to do. Not to mention doing the accents properly, the English, Irish accents [...] I want it to fly in the UK. I want it to be good and I want them to go, 'Yeah, that's for real.' We were very true to the book. It's beautiful. It's an incredible film."