- Cast: Mark Wahlberg, Rachel Weisz, Susan Sarandon, Stanley Tucci, Saoirse Ronan, Jake Abel, Michael Imperioli, Amanda Michalka, Thomas McCarthy, Reece Ritchie, Nikki SooHoo, Rose McIver, Robyn Malcolm, Anna George, Andrew James Allen, Carolyn Dando, Charlie Saxton, Christian Thomas Ashdale, Stink Fisher, Stefania Owen, Bravo, Seth F. Miller
- Director: Peter Jackson
- Writers: Peter Jackson, Philippa Boyens, Fran Walsh
- Producers: Carolynne Cunningham, Peter Jackson, Aimée Peyronnet, Fran Walsh
- Associate Producer: Marc Ashton
- Executive Producers: Ken Kamins, Tessa Ross, James Wilson
- Art Directions: Jules Cook, Chris Shriver
- Castings: Scot Boland, Victoria Burrows, Jina Jay, Liz Mullane
- Costume Design: Nancy Steiner
- D.O.P.: Andrew Lesnie
- Editor: Jabez Olssen
- Makeup: Peter King
- Music: Brian Eno
- Production Design: Naomi Shohan
- Set Decorations: George DeTitta Jr., Meg Everist
Based on the critically acclaimed best-selling novel by Alice Sebold, and directed by Oscar® winner Peter Jackson from a screenplay by Jackson & Fran Walsh & Philippa Boyens, "The Lovely Bones" centers on a young girl who has been murdered and watches over her family – and her killer – from heaven. She must weigh her desire for vengeance against her desire for her family to heal. Oscar® nominee Mark Wahlberg and Oscar® winners Rachel Weisz and Susan Sarandon star along with Stanley Tucci, Michael Imperioli and Oscar® nominee Saoirse Ronan.
- Aspect Ratio: 2.35:1
- Filming Locations: Pennsylvania, USA; Wellington, New Zealand
- MPAA Warning: Mature thematic material involving disturbing violent content and images, and some language
- Production Budget: $65 million
- Production Companies: WingNut Films, Film4, Key Creatives
- Production Schedule: 22 October 2007 - February 2008
- The school that Susie attends is based on General Wayne Middle School in Malvern, Pennsylvania (now known as General Wayne Elementary School), which Alice Sebold attended in the 1970s.
- Alice Sebold, who wrote the novel, said that she preferred an unknown actress for the role of Susie Salmon.
- Helen Hunt was reportedly considered for the role of Abigail Salmon. Instead, Rachel Weisz accepted the role, and was the first actor cast in the film.
- Mark Wahlberg replaced Ryan Gosling just days before shooting began. In preparation for the role, Gosling had gained 20 pounds and grew out a beard. However, he vacated the role due to creative differences. Wahlberg, who had just completed shooting The Happening (2008), another production in Pennsylvania, became available just in time to accept Gosling's role.
- Despite being a last-minute replacement, Mark Wahlberg was always one of Peter Jackson's first choices for the leading role.