- Cast: Liam Hemsworth, Harrison Ford, Gary Oldman, Amber Heard, Josh Holloway, Embeth Davidtz, Julian McMahon, Richard Dreyfuss, Lucas Till, Angela Sarafyan, Christine Marzano, Charlie Hofheimer, Kevin Kilner, Meredith Eaton, Nathan Ferguson, William Peltz, Julisita Salcedo, Andrea Havens, Isidora Goreshter, Dennisha Pratt, Jenny Anne Hochberg, John Mitchell, JaQuinley Kerr, Haley Finnegan , John Wooten, Karen Vicks, Dani Garza
- Director: Robert Luketic
- Writers: Barry Levy, Jason Dean Hall
- Producers: William D. Johnson, Scott Lambert, Alexandra Milchan, Deepak Nayar
- Executive Producers: William S. Beasley, Jason Beckman, Jason Colodne, Sam Englebardt, Stuart Ford, Ryan Kavanaugh, Allen Liu , Christophe Riandee, Tucker Tooley , Douglas Urbanski
- Art Direction: Scott Anderson
- Castings: Diane Heery, Jason Loftus
- Costume Design: Luca Mosca
- D.O.P.: David Tattersall
- Editor: Dany Cooper
- Makeup: John Caglione Jr.
- Music: Junkie XL
- Production Design: David Brisbin
- Set Decoration: Nancy Nye
The high stakes thriller Paranoia takes us deep behind the scenes of global success to a deadly world of greed and deception. The two most powerful tech billionaires in the world (Harrison Ford and Gary Oldman) are bitter rivals with a complicated past who will stop at nothing to destroy each other.
A young superstar (Liam Hemsworth), seduced by unlimited wealth and power falls between them, and becomes trapped in the middle of the twists and turns of their life-and-death game of corporate espionage. By the time he realizes his life is in danger, he is in far too deep and knows far too much for them to let him walk away.
- Aspect Ratio: 2.35:1
- Filming Locations: Pennsylvania, USA
- MPAA Warning: Some sexuality, violence and language
- Production Budget: $15 million
- Production Companies: Gaumont, Demarest Films, EMJAG Productions, IM Global, Kintop Pictures, Reliance Entertainment
- Production Schedule: July 2012 - December 2012
2013 Guide Analysis: "It feels like ages since we have had a good movie about industrial espionage. Aussie filmmaker Robert Luketic ("Legally Blonde," "Win a Date with Tad Hamilton") will hopefully fill that need with this adaptation of "High Crimes" author Joseph Finder''s 2004 novel of the same name. Barry Levy ("Vantage Point") penned the adaptation for this Pennsylvania-shot production which was filmed in two distinct blocks - the second of which went into production only last month.
Luketic has enlisted his fellow countryman Liam Hemsworth in the lead role of a young man whose financial prank jeopardizes his low-level job at a technology corporation. Threatening him with charges of embezzlement, his boss Nick Wyatt (Gary Oldman) gives him the chance to save his job if he agrees to an undercover corporate espionage assignment at the company of his rival Jock Goddard (Harrison Ford).
According to those who have read the script, there are some distinct changes from the book including the additions of several new characters such as Josh Holloway''s FBI agent and Lucas Till as Hemsworth''s younger brother. Hopefully the changes won''t be too much, the book itself scored many raves for being a highly entertaining and tense thriller. I wonder if the film will be the same."