- Cast: Shia LaBeouf, Evan Rachel Wood, Rupert Grint, Mads Mikkelsen, Vincent D'Onofrio, Melissa Leo, John Hurt, Til Schweiger, Vanessa Kirby, James Buckley, Lachlan Nieboer, Montserrat Lombard, Filip Watermann, Michael J. Reynolds, Ian Fisher, Florin Piersic Jr., Gabriel Spahiu, Bogdan Farkas, Claudiu Trandafir, Corneliu Ulici, Cosmin Padureanu, Musat Dragos, Adrian Pavlovschi
- Director: Fredrik Bond
- Writer: Matt Drake
- Producers: Albert Berger, Craig J. Flores, William Horberg, Ron Yerxa
- Associate Producers: Mark Bakunas, Dominic Rustam
- Executive Producers: Nicolas Chartier, Nathan Kahane, Patrick Newall, Dean Parisot, Corrie Rothbart
- Art Direction: Adrian Curelea
- Casting: John Hubbard
- Costume Design: Jennifer Johnson
- D.O.P.: Roman Vasyanov
- Editor: Hughes Winborne
- Makeup: Andreea Dardea
- Music: Moby
- Production Design: Joel Collins
- Set Decoration: Adrian Popa
Charlie Countryman was just a normal guy... until he fell in love with the one girl who will probably get him killed. When Charlie meets the absolutely irresistible Gabi she’s already been claimed by Nigel, an insanely violent crime boss with a gang of thugs at his disposal.
Armed with little more than his wit and naïve charm, Charlie endures one bruising beat down after another to woo Gabi and keep her out of harm's way. Finally his exploits of blind valor create such a mess that he's left with only one way out; to save the girl of his dreams, must Charlie Countryman die?
- Aspect Ratio: 2.35:1
- Filming Locations: Bucharest, Romania
- MPAA Warning: Some brutal violence, language throughout, sexuality/nudity, and drug use
- Production Companies: MediaPro Pictures, Bona Fide Production, Mediapro Studios
- Production Schedule: May 2012 - August 2012
2013 Guide Analysis: "Set to premiere at Sundance and Berlinale shortly, this action-oriented rom-com from "Project X" scribe Matt Drake made the Black List a few years ago and nearly fell apart not long after that. Shia LaBeouf was originally attached to star, then dropped out due to scheduling conflicts. Zac Efron then came onboard, but the project hit a delay of nearly a year. That led to Efron departing and LaBeouf coming back.
Shot in Romania over the Summer, the story follows a young man (LaBeouf) who falls in love with a Hungarian girl named Gabi (Evan Rachel Wood). Unfortunately, Gabi is married to a violent and mentally unstable crime boss (Mads Mikkelsen). Armed with little more than his wit, the young man endures one bruising beat down after another to woo Gabi and keep her out of harm’s way.
LaBeouf reportedly tripped on acid for real while filming scenes where his character was on the drug. Commercials helmer Fredrik Bond, who has worked with musician Moby, helms the project and has brought Moby along to do the film's score. The film seems unusual for a rom-com, actually sounding more akin to a British or French gangster film. The real question is if LaBeouf and Wood share the requisite chemistry."