- Cast: Jeff Goldblum, Jim Broadbent, Lindsay Duncan, Olly Alexander, Xavier De Guillebon, Denis Sebbah, Marie-France Alvarez, Brice Beaugier, Sébastien Siroux, Lee Breton Michelsen, Charlotte Léo
- Director: Roger Michell
- Writer: Hanif Kureishi
- Producer: Kevin Loader
- Co Producer: Bertrand Faivre
- Executive Producers: Louisa Dent, Philip Knatchbull, Sue Bruce Smith
- D.O.P.: Nathalie Durand
- Editor: Kristina Hetherington
- Makeup: Karen Hartley
- Music: Jeremy Sams
- Production Design: Emmanuelle Duplay
Le Week-End is a beautifully observed, funny and poignant story about the nature of love and commitment where husband and wife yearn to recapture their youthful fearlessness, lack of responsibility and idealism.
A married couple, Meg and Nick (Jim Broadbent and Lindsay Duncan), revisit Paris to revitalise their marriage, and run into an old friend (Jeff Goldblum) who gives them a new vision on life and love.
- Aspect Ratio: 1.85:1
- Filming Locations: Paris, France
- Production Companies: Film4, Free Range Films, Le Bureau
- Production Schedule: November 2012 - January 2013
2013 Guide Analysis: ""Notting Hill" and "Enduring Love" director Roger Michell's latest work is currently filming in Europe, so it won't be getting a release until the end of 2013 at the earliest.
Jim Broadbent and Lindsay Duncan star as a British couple who return to Paris, many years after their honeymoon there, in an attempt to rejuvenate their marriage. An encounter with an old academic protégé (Jeff Goldblum) causes the couple to re-think their life and relationship.
This will mark the third film together of Michell, writer Hanif Kureishi and producer Kevin Loader. The trio previously teamed on "Venus" and "The Mother" which are amongst the most acclaimed of Michell's works. Hopefully, that will also be the case here."