- Cast: François Arnaud, Lucy Boynton, Casey Thomas Brown, Billy Campbell, Mary Fay Coady , Josh Cruddas, Ryan Doucette, Brian Downey, Rod Ernest, Peter Fonda, Brian Jamieson, Stephen LeBail, Daniel Lillford, Angus Macfadyen, Ciarán MacGillivray, Wally McKinnon, Colm Magner, Andrea Lee Norwood, Scott Owen, Augustus Prew, Charlie Rhindress, Elizabeth Richardson, Geneviève Steele, Hugh Thompson
- Director: Ron Maxwell
- Writers: Bill Kauffman, Harold Frederic
- Producer: Ronald F. Maxwell
- Co Producer: John Houston
- Associate Producer: Stephen Fielding
- Costume Design: Kate Rose
- D.O.P.: Kees Van Oostrum
- Editor: Marc Pollon
- Makeup: Cathy O'Connell
- Music: Laurent Eyquem
- Production Design: Bill Fleming
- Set Decorations: Lance Barney, Ian Greig, Pierre Richard, Victor Stevens
"Copperhead" is unlike any Civil War movie to date. A story of the violent passions and burning feuds that set ablaze the home front during the Civil War, "Copperhead" is also a timeless and deeply moving examination of the price of dissent, the place of the individual amidst the hysteria of wartime, and the terrible price of war.
Based on the extraordinary novel by Harold Frederic, which the great American critic Edmund Wilson praised as a brave and singular book that “differs fundamentally from any other Civil War fiction,” "Copperhead" is the story of Abner Beech, a stubborn and righteous farmer of Upstate New York, who defies his neighbors and his government in the bloody and contentious autumn of 1862.
With "Copperhead," director Ron Maxwell, who with "Gettysburg" and "Gods and Generals" established himself as our foremost cinematic interpreter of the American Civil War, takes on the War from a stunning, unexpected and richly, unforgettably humanist angle. "Copperhead" is a parable of the Civil War and perhaps for our own time.
- Aspect Ratio: 2.35:1
- Filming Locations: New Brunswick, Canada
- MPAA Warning: An unsettling sequence
- Production Companies: Swordspoint Productions
- Production Schedule: May 2012 - July 2012