- Cast: Amanda Seyfried, Peter Sarsgaard, Juno Temple, Sharon Stone, Robert Patrick, Chris Noth, Adam Brody, Hank Azaria, Wes Bentley, James Franco, Eric Roberts, Chloë Sevigny, Bobby Cannavale, Nicole Andrews, Frank Clem, Dwight V Coleman, Lauren Fray, Brian Gattas, John Greer, Kiersten Hall, Cory Hardrict, Peter Holden, Eric Hunter, Adam Kedis, Debi Mazar, Don McManus, Ron Pritchard, Lou Richards, Julia Stephens, Dustin Szany
- Directors: Rob Epstein, Jeffrey Friedman
- Writer: Merritt Johnson
- Producers: Heidi Jo Markel, Laura Rister, Jason Weinberg, Jim Young
- Co Producers: Marvin V. Acuna, Bob Dohrmann, Benjamin Scott
- Executive Producers: Boaz Davidson, Merritt Johnson, Vince Jolivette, Miles Levy
- Art Direction: Gary Myers
- Castings: Kerry Barden, Paul Schnee
- Costume Design: Karyn Wagner
- D.O.P.: Eric Alan Edwards
- Editors: Robert Dalva, Matthew Landon
- Makeup: Da Tina Roesler Kerwin
- Music: Stephen Trask
- Production Design: William Arnold
- Set Decoration: David Smith
Based on Eric Danville's bio "The Complete Linda Lovelace." The film follows Linda Boreman's rise to fame as iconic porn star Linda Lovelace of 1972's "Deep Throat," and her subsequent transformation into feminist, anti-porn activist Linda Marchiano.
- Aspect Ratio: 2.35:1
- Filming Locations: Los Angeles, USA
- MPAA Warning: Strong sexual content, nudity, language, drug use and some domestic violence
- Production Budget: $10 million
- Production Companies: Animus Films, Eclectic Pictures, Millennium Films, Untitled Entertainment
- Production Schedule: 20 December 2011 - 3 February 2012
2013 Guide Analysis: "With rival film "Inferno" having fallen apart, this indie biopic of Linda Boreman now stands on its own and is slated to go before the press at Sundance in a few weeks. Rob Epstein and Jeffrey Friedman ("Howl") helm from a script by W. Merritt Johnson ("Temple Grandin," "In Treatment") which is based on the biography by Eric Danville.
Boreman rose to fame as iconic porn star Linda Lovelace of 1972's "Deep Throat." She subsequently transformed into feminist, anti-porn activist Linda Marchiano after breaking away from her abusive and exploitative husband. This particular film is told through the perspective of three interviewers at various stages of her life from 20 to 32. According to the filmmakers, the aim was to show her "ascent, decline and '80s-era redemption." Each act is said to be depicted in "different styles" to fit the content.
Seyfried is taking some risks with this, going full-frontal in a movie that will feature quite a bit of nudity from many involved. Other key players include Peter Sarsgaard as Boreman's pornographer husband Chuck Traynor, Wes Bentley as her second husband, Sharon Stone as her mother, James Franco as Hugh Hefner, Sarah Jessica Parker as Gloria Steinem, and Adam Brody as porn star Harry Reems. Despite the flash, the film is said to have a major empowerment message amidst all the T&A."