- Cast: Rooney Mara, Casey Affleck, Ben Foster, Keith Carradine, Nate Parker, Rami Malek, Heather Kafka, Kennadie Smith, Jacklynn Smith, Robert Longstreet, Charles Baker, Augustine Frizzell, Kentucker Audley, David Zellner, Frank Mosley, Will Beinbrink, Steve Jimenez, Richard Jackson, Eric Steele, Augustine Frizzell, Turner Ross, Steve Corder
- Director: David Lowery
- Writer: David Lowery
- Producers: Cassian Elwes, Toby Halbrooks, James M. Johnston, Amy Kaufman, Lars Knudsen, Jay Van Hoy
- Co Producer: Michael Sledd
- Executive Producers: Robert Ogden Barnum, Mark Burg, Jesse Kennedy, Logan Levy, Fredrik Malmberg, Andrew Mann, Michael Menchel, Nick Thurlow, Daniel Wagner
- Art Direction: Jonathan Rudak
- Casting: Vicky Boone
- Costume Design: Malgosia Turzanska
- D.O.P.: Bradford Young
- Editors: Craig McKay, Jane Rizzo
- Makeup: Rachel Geary
- Music: Daniel Hart
- Production Design: Jade Healy
- Set Decoration: Adam Willis
Bob Muldoon (Casey Affleck) and Ruth Guthrie (Rooney Mara), an impassioned young outlaw couple on an extended crime spree, are finally apprehended by lawmen after a shootout in the Texas hills. Although Ruth wounds a local officer, Bob takes the blame.
But four years later, Bob escapes from prison and sets out to find Ruth and their daughter, born during his incarceration. Set against the backdrop of 1970's Texas Hill Country, director David Lowery paints a poetic picture, evoking the mythology of westerns and saturating the dramatic space with an aching sense of loss.
- Aspect Ratio: 2.35:1
- Filming Locations: Austin, USA; Shreveport, USA
- Production Budget: $3 million
- Production Companies: Sailor Bear, Parts and Labor, Primary Productions, Evolution Independent, Paradox Entertainment, Lagniappe Films, Upload Films
- Production Schedule: 9 July 2012 - 15 August 2012
2013 Guide Analysis: "One of the highest profile and most buzzed about entries at Sundance this year, David Lowery’s second feature is a drama-thriller starring Casey Affleck, Rooney Mara, Ben Foster, Nate Parker and Keith Carradine. Described as a modern day Bonnie and Clyde, Affleck plays an outlaw who escapes from prison and sets out across the Texas hills to reunite with his wife and the daughter he has never met. Developed at the Sundance Labs and shot in Louisiana, thus is another film awaiting the reaction at the festival next month to determine its fate."