- Cast: Vanessa Hudgens, Nicolas Cage, John Cusack, Katherine LaNasa, Dean Norris, Jodi Lyn O'Keefe, Radha Mitchell, 50 Cent, Matt Gerald, Gia Mantegna, Kurt Fuller, Kevin Dunn, Brad William Henke, Michael McGrady, Lydia Hull, Ryan O'Nan, Hillarie Putnam, Bostin Christopher, Brett Baker, Craig Blair, Cheyenne Buchanan, Katie Wallack, Olga Valentina, Jason Collins, Maeve Blake, Robert Forgit, Clara Danielle Engstrom, Leo Grinberg, Jill Bess, Teresa Koop, Ron Holmstrom, Mark Robokoff, Bogdan Shepard, Taylor Ann Tracy, Thomas Mark Higgins, Charles A. Baird
- Director: Scott Walker
- Writer: Scott Walker
- Producers: 50 Cent, Remington Chase, Randall Emmett, Jane Fleming, Mark Ordesky, Jeff Rice
- Associate Producers: Ryan S. Black, Phillip Noorani, Philip Stinson
- Executive Producers: Brandt Andersen, Martin Blencowe, Barry Brooker, Ted Fox, Kevin Scott Frakes, George Furla, Gus Furla, Brett Granstaff, Brandon Grimes, Anthony Gudas, Corey Large, Fredrik Malmberg, Stepan Martirosyan, Vance Owen, Elisa Salinas, Raj Brinder Singh, Mark St
- Castings: Anne McCarthy, Kellie Roy
- Costume Design: Lynn Falconer
- D.O.P.: Patrick Murguia
- Editor: Sarah Boyd
- Makeup: Karri Farris
- Music: Lorne Balfe
- Production Design: Clark Hunter
- Set Decoration: Monique Champagne
"The Frozen Ground" follows Alaskan detective Jack Halcombe (Cage) as he sets out to end the murderous rampage of Robert Hansen (Cusack), a serial killer who has gone unnoticed for 13 years. As the bodies of street girls start to add up in Anchorage, fear strikes a chord with the public. Risking his life, Detective Flothe goes on a personal manhunt to find the killer before the next body surfaces. When a seventeen year old escapee reveals key information about the case, Flothe is finally able to trail the killer. But will he catch him in time to save the next victim?
- Aspect Ratio: 2.35:1
- Filming Locations: Anchorage, Alaska, USA
- MPAA Warning: Violent content, sexuality/nudity, language and drug use
- Production Budget: $27.2 million
- Production Companies: Grindstone Entertainment Group, Cheetah Vision, Emmett/Furla Films, Court Five, Envision Entertainment Corporation, Valentina Films, K5 International
- Production Schedule: 17 October 2011 - January 2012
2013 Guide Analysis: "On paper this $27 million thriller has a strong premise. The true story centers on the early 80's investigation of Robert Hansen (Cusack), a respected family man who systematically abducted some two dozen women and flew them into the Alaskan wilderness where he released and then hunted them.
The film will follow the case and the investigations of an Alaskan State Trooper (Cage) who, with the help of one of Hansen's victims who escaped (Hudgens), sets out to bring the man to justice. Shot in and around Anchorage, the stark scenery combined with the fact that this actually happened makes for a compelling tale. Yet newcomer Walker's script has received some mixed reviews.
The casting of the likes of Cage, Hudgens and 50 Cent brings all sorts of baggage, and producer Emmett Furla Films have so far released various disappointing thrillers. Cage's record in this genre of late - "Seeking Justice," "Trespass," and "Stolen" - has been terrible, even with decent casts involved in each. A leaked and then pulled early promo trailer showed good footage, but did the film no favors with some god awful editing. The delay of this from December to an unspecified early 2013 date is also not a good sign, but I hope it will surprise."