- Cast: James Franco, Jason Statham, Rachelle Lefevre, Winona Ryder, Kate Bosworth, Clancy Brown, Frank Grillo, Christa Campbell, Steffie Grote, Omar Benson Miller, Nicole Andrews, Michelle Celeste, Joe Chrest, Lance E. Nichols, Stuart Greer, Ritchie Montgomery, Raeden Greer, Amin Joseph, Izabela Vidovic, John L. Armijo, Amber Dawn Landrum, Billy Slaughter, Linds Edwards, Michael Traynor, Greg Sproles, Eddie Matthews, Marcus Hester, Toby Nichols, Craig Stark, Jon Arthur, Edward J. Clare, Elton LeBlanc, Kylie Creppel, Ronn Surels, Owen Harn, Christopher Alan Weaver, Austin Craig
- Director: Gary Fleder
- Writers: Sylvester Stallone, Chuck Logan
- Producers: Sylvester Stallone, Kevin King Templeton, John Thompson, Les Weldon
- Co Producer: Matthew O'Toole
- Executive Producers: Boaz Davidson, Mark Gill, Avi Lerner, Danny Lerner, Trevor Short, James D. Stern
- Art Direction: A. Todd Holland
- Castings: Craig Fincannon, Lisa Mae Fincannon, Barbara Fiorentino
- Costume Design: Kelli Jones
- D.O.P.: Theo van de Sande
- Editor: Padraic McKinley
- Makeup: Tony Ward
- Music: Mark Isham
- Production Design: Greg Berry
- Set Decoration: Cynthia La Jeunesse
Low-level DEA agent Phil Broker sees his quiet family life turned upside down when his path crosses with a band of drug traffickers, led by Gator, a meth kingpin.
- Aspect Ratio: 2.35:1
- Filming Locations: New Orleans, USA
- MPAA Warning: Strong violence, pervasive language, drug content and brief sexuality
- Production Budget: $70 million
- Production Companies: Nu Image / Millennium Films
- Production Schedule: 1 October 2012 - 29 November 2012
2013 Guide Analysis: "Jason Statham had four action films in 2011 including "The Mechanic," "Blitz" and "The Killer Elite". It was, however, the least assuming one that proved the best - "Safe". In 2013 he has three films - the fairly unknown property "Hummingbird," and two potential franchise launchers. The first is "Parker," based on the novels by Donald E. Westlake with Statham playing the ruthless career criminal and anti-hero.
The other is this dramatic action thriller which boasts a big-time cast and some major talent behind the scenes. Like "Parker," this is based on a series of novels about one character - in this case an ex-Minnesota police officer named Phil Broker. Chuck Logan has penned five books featuring the character with this being the fourth. In an unexpected move, Statham's "The Expendables" co-star Sylvester Stallone adapted the script while Gary Fleder ("Kiss the Girls," "Runaway Jury") directs.
Shot in Louisiana this past Fall, Statham plays a DEA Agent who retires to a seemingly quiet place with an underbelly of drugs and violence. When his family is threatened by a villainous meth kingpin named Gator (James Franco) he is forced back into action to save his loved ones and the town. Added to the mix are Winona Ryder as Gator's biker girlfriend, Kate Bosworth as his meth-addicted sister, the always awesome Frank Grillo, and Rachel Lefevre as a school psychologist. This could either be a camp classic, or a legitimate solid thriller because right now, it is hard to see which way it will go."