- Cast: Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Scarlett Johansson , Julianne Moore, Tony Danza, Glenne Headly, Brie Larson, Rob Brown, Jeremy Luke, Italia Ricci , Lindsey Broad, Amanda Perez, Sarah Dumont, Sloane Avery, Loanne Bishop, Arin Babaian , Arielle Reitsma, Channing Tatum, Anne Hathaway, Paul Ben-Victor, Arayna Eison, Cuba Gooding Jr., Madalein Jackson, Antoinette Kalaj, Tanya Mityushina, Becky O'Donohue
- Director: Joseph Gordon-Levitt
- Writer: Joseph Gordon-Levitt
- Producer: Ram Bergman
- Co Producer: Jeff Franks
- Associate Producer: Nikos Karamigios
- Executive Producers: Nicolas Chartier, Ryan Kavanaugh, Tucker Tooley
- Art Direction: Elizabeth Cummings
- Castings: Venus Kanani, Mary Vernieu
- Costume Design: Leah Katznelson
- D.O.P.: Thomas Kloss
- Editor: Lauren Zuckerman
- Makeup: Luisa Abel
- Music: Nathan Johnson
- Production Design: Meghan C. Rogers
- Set Decoration: Cindy Coburn
Jon Martello (Joseph Gordon-Levitt) is a strong, handsome, good old fashioned guy. His buddies call him Don Jon due to his ability to "pull" a different woman every weekend, but even the finest fling doesn't compare to the bliss he finds alone in front of the computer watching pornography.
Barbara Sugarman (Scarlett Johansson) is a bright, beautiful, good old fashioned girl. Raised on romantic Hollywood movies, she's determined to find her Prince Charming and ride off into the sunset.
Wrestling with good old fashioned expectations of the opposite sex, Jon and Barbara struggle against a media culture full of false fantasies to try and find true intimacy in this unexpected comedy.
- Aspect Ratio: 2.35:1
- Filming Locations: Los Angeles, USA; New Jersey, USA
- MPAA Warning: Strong graphic sexual material and dialogue throughout, nudity, language and some drug use
- Production Companies: Voltage Pictures, HitRecord Films, Ram Bergman Productions
- Production Schedule: 28 June 2012 - August 2012
2013 Guide Analysis: "Rising star Joseph Gordon-Levitt can play a lot of things, but one of the last things you can probably picture him as is a bouncer. The "Inception" actor has taken to the challenge with gusto, bulking up and shaving down to star in, write and make his directorial debut on this indie comedy that is set to debut at both Sundance and Berlinale.
JGL plays a modern day Don Juan type and porn addict. After meeting a recently widowed older woman, he sets out to become less self-centered. Of course, casting Scarlett Johansson as his love interest is hardly selfish, but how many men out there wouldn't love to do the same if they were in the same position.
Unlike some other filmmakers, Gordon-Levitt has no concerns about keeping things too secret and has been regularly updating the status of the production over the past few months via his personal Tumblr account. Festival reviews will determine how large a release this will get, but everything is in place for a potential crossover hit."