- Cast: Antonio Banderas, Penélope Cruz, Coté Soler, Antonio de la Torre, Hugo Silva, Miguel Ángel Silvestre, Laya Martí, Javier Cámara, Carlos Areces, Raúl Arévalo, Pepa Charro, Nasser Saleh, Concha Galán, José María Yazpik, Guillermo Toledo, José Luis Torrijo, Lola Dueñas, Cecilia Roth , Paz Vega, Blanca Suárez, Susi Sánchez, Carmen Machi, Violeta Pérez, Bárbara Santa Cruz, María Morales, Marta Aledo , Agustín Almodóvar, Esther García
- Director: Pedro Almodóvar
- Writer: Pedro Almodóvar
- Producers: Agustín Almodóvar, Esther García
- Associate Producers: Diego Pajuelo, Bárbara Peiró
- Art Direction: Federico García Cambero
- Casting: Luis San Narciso
- Costume Designs: Davidelfin, Tatiana Hernández
- D.O.P.: José Luis Alcaine
- Editor: José Salcedo
- Makeups: Ana Lozano, Mariló Osuna
- Music: Alberto Iglesias
- Production Design: Antxón Gómez
- Set Decoration: María Clara Notari
A technical failure has endangered the lives of the people on board Peninsula Flight 2549. The pilots are striving, along with their colleagues in the Control Center, to find a solution. The flight attendants and the chief steward are atypical, baroque characters who, in the face of danger, try to forget their own personal problems and devote themselves body and soul to the task of making the flight as enjoyable as possible for the passengers, while they wait for a solution. Life in the clouds is as complicated as it is at ground level, and for the same reasons, which could be summarized in two: sex and death.
- Aspect Ratio: 1.85:1
- Filming Locations: Madrid, Spain
- MPAA Warning: Strong sexual content including crude references, and drug use
- Production Companies: El Deseo S.A.
- Production Schedule: 9 July 2012 - 12 September 2012
2013 Guide Analysis: "After his brilliant dive into psychological horror with "The Skin I Live In," that crazy Spaniard Pedro Almodóvar steps back into more familiar territory with this bawdy light comedy set entirely on an aeroplane. Shot over the Summer in Madrid, several of his previous collaborators return in key roles. The likes of Antonio Banderas, Penélope Cruz, Carmen Machi, Pepa Charro and Paz Vega will also pop up in cameos.
Not much is known of the story, but a recent teaser trailer makes it look like a throwback comedy - a campy "Airplane" if you will. Flight attendants were drinking booze, smoking pot, sucking off the pilot, and miming to The Pointer Sisters song of the same title. Almodovar has said the story takes place from "the moment a plane breaks down to the moment it manages to make an emergency landing." The pre-sales were so strong that they completely funded the film, which allows the director to essentially work unrestrained. I for one can't wait."