- Cast: Katie Chang, Israel Broussard, Emma Watson, Claire Julien, Taissa Farmiga, Georgia Rock, Leslie Mann, Carlos Miranda, Gavin Rossdale, Stacy Edwards, G. Mac Brown, Marc Coppola, Janet Song, Annie Fitzgerald, Doug DeBeech, Erin Daniels, Patricia Lentz, Brian Gattas, Logan Miller, Marcia Ann Burrs, Brenda Koo, Maika Monroe, Isabel Lasker, Adea Lennox, Rachelle Carson-Begley, Peter Bigler, Yolanda Lloyd Delgado, Paris Hilton, Kirsten Dunst
- Director: Sofia Coppola
- Writers: Sofia Coppola, Nancy Jo Sales
- Producers: Roman Coppola, Sofia Coppola, Youree Henley
- Co Producer: Darren M. Demetre
- Executive Producers: Emilio Diez Barroso, Darlene Caamano Loquet, Paul Rassam, Fred Roos, Michael Zakin
- Art Direction: Kevin Bird
- Castings: Nicole Daniels, Courtney Sheinin
- Costume Design: Stacey Battat
- D.O.P.s: Christopher Blauvelt, Harris Savides
- Editor: Sarah Flack
- Makeup: Roz Music
- Musics: Daniel Lopatin, Brian Reitzell
- Production Design: Anne Ross
- Set Decoration: Sara Parks
In the fame-obsessed world of Los Angeles, a group of teenagers take us on a thrilling and disturbing crime-spree in the Hollywood hills. Based on true events, the group, who were fixated on the glamorous life, tracked their celebrity targets online, and stole more than 3 million in luxury goods from their homes. Their victims included Paris Hilton, Orlando Bloom, and Rachel Bilson, and the gang became known in the media as "The Bling Ring."
- Aspect Ratio: 1.85:1
- Filming Locations: Las Vegas, USA; Los Angeles, USA
- MPAA Warning: Teen drug and alcohol use, and for language including some brief sexual references
- Production Budget: $20 million
- Production Companies: American Zoetrope, NALA Films, Pathé Distribution, StudioCanal, TOBIS Film, Tohokushinsha Film
- Production Schedule: March 2012 - April 2012
2013 Guide Analysis: "For her fifth feature, Sofia Coppola ("Lost in Translation," "Marie Antoinette") tackles the true crime drama genre with this contemporary Hollywood tale about five Internet-savvy fame-obsessed teenagers who tracked the whereabouts of celebrities in order to rob their homes. The likes of Paris Hilton, Lindsay Lohan, Audrina Patridge, Rachel Bilson and Orlando Bloom all saw valuable items of theirs stolen with the thefts said to be totalling close to $3 million.
Showcasing how great she can be outside the "Harry Potter" franchise with 2012's much acclaimed "Perks of Being a Wallflower," British actress Emma Watson leads a group of newcomers in this $20 million project which was shot in Los Angeles and Las Vegas in March. Based on the Vanity Fair article "The Suspects Wore Louboutins," Coppola adapted the script with the aim of exploring youthful mistakes in an age of celebrity and luxury brand obsession. Hell, the first line of the movie is a quote from Nicole Richie's Twitter account.
A few key cameos are set to take place including Kirsten Dunst, musician Gavin Rossdale and Paris Hilton. The film also marks the final project of "Zodiac," "The Game" and "American Gangster" cinematographer Harris Savides so it should look great. The question is if this second L.A.-based tale of Coppola's will be more akin to her better first three films. "Somewhere" was good, but something of a lower key and less interesting film from her - hopefully this will offer more."