- Cast: Niall Horan, Zayn Malik, Liam Payne, Harry Styles, Louis Tomlinson, Jon Shone, Dan Richards, Sandy Beales, Josh Devine
- Director: Morgan Spurlock
- Producers: Simon Cowell, Adam Milano, Morgan Spurlock, Ben Winston
- Associate Producer: Danny James Walton
- Executive Producers: Will Bloomfield, Jeremy Chilnick, Matthew Galkin, Richard Griffiths, Harry Magee, Douglas C. Merrifield
- D.O.P.: Neil Harvey
- Editors: Guy Harding, Wyatt Smith, Pierre Takal
- Music: Simon Franglen
One Direction – Niall Horan, Zayn Malik, Liam Payne, Harry Styles and Louis Tomlinson – were discovered by Simon Cowell on the U.K.'s "The X Factor" in 2010. The band quickly gained a following to become one of the competition's all-time most popular acts, finishing in the final three and garnering a gigantic and loyal fanbase along the way. In March 2012, One Direction's debut album, "Up All Night," made U.S. history, as it was the first time a U.K. group's debut album entered the U.S. Billboard 200 chart at No. 1. The band has sold over 13 million records worldwide.
- Aspect Ratio: 1.85:1
- Filming Locations: London, UK; New York City, USA; Tokyo, Japan
- MPAA Warning: Mild language
- Production Companies: Fulwell 73, Syco Entertainment, TriStar Pictures, Warrior Poets
2013 Guide Analysis: "While the failure of Katy Perry's "Part of Me" documentary might have led you to believe that the "3D concert-meets-documentary movie" genre was over, don't be so quick to dismiss them. Sony Pictures has smartly opted to do one about the world's biggest boy band, One Direction, who have the kind of international fanatical following that the likes of Perry or the Jonas Brothers can only dream about. This will more likely ape the $100 million worldwide success of the Justin Bieber doco from 2011. Helmed by veteran documentary filmmaker Morgan Spurlock ("Super Size Me"), the quintet of Niall, Liam, Louis, Zayn and everyone's favorite Harry, hit screens in August/September."