- Cast: Bill Hader, Anna Faris, James Caan, Andy Samberg, Neil Patrick Harris, Benjamin Bratt, Terry Crews, Will Forte, Kristen Schaal, Cody Cameron , Melissa Sturm, Kris Pearn, Craig Kellman, Khamani Griffin, Bridget Hoffman, Al Roker, Steve Alterman, June Christopher, David Cowgill, Eddie Frierson, Elisa Gabrielli, Jackie Gonneau, Tania Gunadi, Wendy Hoffman, Walter Jones, Ashley Lambert, Scott Menville, David M. Sheinkopf, Peter Siragusa, Marina Squerciati, Kelly Stables, Shane Sweet, Matthew W. Taylor
- Directors: Cody Cameron, Kris Pearn
- Writers: John Francis Daley, Jonathan M. Goldstein, Erica Rivinoja
- Producer: Kirk Bodyfelt
- Co Producer: Chris Juen
- Executive Producers: Phil Lord, Christopher Miller
- Art Direction: David Bleich
- Editor: Stan Webb
- Music: Mark Mothersbaugh
- Production Design: Justin Thompson
Inventor Flint Lockwood’s genius is finally being recognized as he’s invited by his idol Chester V to join The Live Corp Company, where the best and brightest inventors in the world create technologies for the betterment of mankind. Chester’s right-hand-gal – and one of his greatest inventions – is Barb, a highly evolved orangutan with a human brain, who is also devious, manipulative and likes to wear lipstick.
It’s always been Flint’s dream to be recognized as a great inventor, but everything changes when he discovers that his most infamous machine – which turns water into food – is still operating and is now creating mutant food beasts. With the fate of humanity in his hands, Flint and his friends must embark on a dangerously delicious mission, battling hungry tacodiles, shrimpanzees, apple pie-thons, double bacon cheespiders and other food creatures to save the world… again!
- Aspect Ratio: 2.35:1
- MPAA Warning: Mild rude humor
- Production Budget: $100 million
- Production Companies: Columbia Pictures, Sony Pictures Animation, Sony Pictures Imageworks
2013 Guide Analysis: "A follow-up to Sony Animation's well-received 2009 effort "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs," this 3D sequel deals with Flint Lockwood and Sam Sparks returning to Swallow Falls to clean up the mess made by Flint's machine, only to find that it is producing mutant food animal creatures including a talking strawberry and a massive bacon & cheese spider. Casting changes include Kristen Schaal joining the fun as an orangutan with a human brain, Terry Crews replacing Mr. T as Earl, and Will Forte's Joe Towne role getting expanded. Story artists Cody Cameron and Kris Pearn take over directing duties on this film which boasts a script from John Francis Daley and Jonathan Goldstein ("Horrible Bosses")."