- Cast: Hugh Jackman, Jake Gyllenhaal, Paul Dano, Maria Bello, Viola Davis, Terrence Howard, Melissa Leo, Dylan Minnette, Len Cariou, Wayne Duvall, David Dastmalchian, Victoria Staley, Brad James, Sandra Ellis Lafferty, Katrina Despain, Zoe Borde, Tiffany Morgan, Anthony Reynolds, Kyla Drew Simmons, Jason Davis, Erin Gerasimovich, Takara Clark, Todd Truley, Mike Gassaway, Brody Rose, J. Omar Castro, Jeff Pope
- Director: Denis Villeneuve
- Writer: Aaron Guzikowski
- Producers: Kira Davis, Broderick Johnson, Adam Kolbrenner, Andrew A. Kosove
- Co Producer: Steven P. Wegner
- Executive Producers: Stephen Levinson, Edward McDonnell , Robyn Meisinger, John H. Starke, Mark Wahlberg
- Art Direction: Paul D. Kelly
- Castings: Kerry Barden, Paul Schnee
- Costume Design: Renée April
- D.O.P.: Roger A. Deakins
- Editors: Joel Cox, Gary D. Roach
- Makeup: Donald Mowat
- Music: Jóhann Jóhannsson
- Production Design: Patrice Vermette
- Set Decoration: Frank Galline
The story revolves around a small-town carpenter named Keller whose young daughter and her best friend are kidnapped. After the cops fail to find them, Keller takes the law into his own hands, but in the process runs up against Detective Loki, a hot shot cop with confidence to burn, assigned to the case.
- Aspect Ratio: 2.35:1
- Filming Locations: Georgia, USA
- MPAA Warning: Disturbing violent content including torture, and language throughout
- Production Budget: $50 million
- Production Companies: 8:38 Productions, Alcon Entertainment, Madhouse Entertainment
- Production Schedule: January 2013 - April 2013
2013 Guide Analysis: "Alcon Entertainment certainly has confidence in this thriller, setting the film's release date long before production has begun - not strange for a tentpole, but a little unusual for a film in this genre. Several different names have been attached to the project over time, including directors Bryan Singer and Antoine Fuqua, and actors Christian Bale and Leonardo DiCaprio. It was highly acclaimed "Incendies" director Denis Villeneuve though who ultimately scored the task of helming it.
Aaron Guzikowski ("Contraband") penned the Black List script which revolves around a small-town carpenter named Keller (Jackman) whose young daughter and best friend are kidnapped. After the cops fail to find them, Keller takes the law into his own hands. In the process, he runs up against the big city detective (Gyllenhaal) assigned to the case.
Villeneuve's second English-language thriller following the much smaller "An Enemy," this actually hasn't even begun filming yet (it was waiting for Jackman to finish both "The Wolverine" and his "Les Mis" press commitments) and is already locked into a fairly break-neck schedule that will see it hit cinemas in September. To be shot in Connecticut and Georgia, the project boasts a superb cast including those listed above plus Viola Davis and Melissa Leo. Could be a serious contender if it is pulled off."