- Cast: Ed Harris, David Duchovny, William Fichtner, Lance Henriksen, Johnathon Schaech, Dagmara Dominczyk, Jason Beghe, Sean Patrick Flanery, Jason Gray-Stanford, Matt Bushell, Kip Pardue, Derek Magyar, Julian Adams, Daren Flam, Pedro Hossi, Brien Perry, Wayne Scott Miller, Tessa Robinson, Tyler Robinson, Tyler Robinson
- Director: Todd Robinson
- Writer: Todd Robinson
- Producers: Julian Adams, Pen Densham, John Watson
- Associate Producer: Alex Daltas
- Executive Producers: Ricardo Costa Reis, Rui Costa Reis , Eliad Josephson, Todd Robinson
- Casting: Iris Hampton
- Costume Design: Sherrie Jordan
- D.O.P.: Byron Werner
- Editor: Terel Gibson
- Music: Jeff Rona
- Production Design: Jonathan A. Carlson
- Set Decoration: Charlie Brownell
The captain of a Cold War Soviet missile submarine has secretly been suffering from seizures that alter his perception of reality. Forced to leave his wife and daughter, he is rushed into a classified mission, where he is haunted by his past and challenged by a rogue KGB group bent on seizing control of the ship's nuclear missile. With the fate of humanity in his hands, Harris discovers he's been chosen for this mission in the belief he would fail.
- Aspect Ratio: 2.35:1
- Filming Locations: Los Angeles, USA; San Diego, USA
- MPAA Warning: Violence
- Production Budget: $18 million
- Production Companies: RCR Media Group, Trilogy Entertainment Group, Solar Filmworks
- Production Schedule: 3 October 2011 - 27 November 2011
2013 Guide Analysis: "An $18 million indie Cold War thriller set entirely onboard a Soviet submarine, this was shot late 2011 in San Diego and Long Beach with "Lonely Hearts” writer/director Todd Robinson penning and directing. The story is said to be "inspired by true events," but there are also suggestions that supernatural elements are a part of the story which throws that claim of credibility right out of the water.
Harris plays the captain of Soviet submarine B756, a man who has secretly been suffering from seizures that alter his perception of reality. Forced to leave his wife and daughter, he is rushed into this classified mission armed with a single ICBM, and a device that renders them invisible to sonar.
The Captain soon discovers that he has been chosen for this mission in the belief he would fail. Challenged by a rogue KGB special forces group (led by Duchovny's character) bent on seizing control of the missile, the fate of humanity is in his hands. Despite the entirely Russian setting, all the actors speak English with their regular (mostly) American accents.
Other cast members onboard include William Fichtner, Lance Henriksen, Natasha McElhone, Sean Patrick Flanery, Johnathon Schaech, Derek Magyar and Dagmara Dominczyk. Trailers for the film showcase Harris and Fichtner out-acting everyone around them. It is much more a character piece than an action film, so a lot will depend upon the script."