- Cast: Jason Bateman, Melissa McCarthy, Jon Favreau, Amanda Peet, Tip "T.I." Harris, Genesis Rodriguez, Morris Chestnut, John Cho, Robert Patrick, Eric Stonestreet, Mary-Charles Jones, Maggie Elizabeth Jones, Brett Baker, Ryan Gaul, Steve Mallory, Tyler Nilson, Steve Little , Andrew Friedman, Antwan Mills, Lori Beth Edgeman, Ben Falcone
- Director: Seth Gordon
- Writers: Steve Conrad, Craig Mazin
- Producers: Pamela Abdy, Jason Bateman, Scott Stuber
- Co Producer: Mary Rohlich
- Executive Producers: Dan Kolsrud, Peter Morgan
- Art Direction: Andrew Max Cahn
- Castings: Lisa Beach, Sarah Katzman
- Costume Design: Carol Ramsey
- D.O.P.: Javier Aguirresarobe
- Editor: Peter Teschner
- Makeup: Kimberly Greene
- Music: Christopher Lennertz
- Production Design: Shepherd Frankel
- Set Decoration: Maria Nay
"Horrible Bosses'" Jason Bateman and "Bridesmaids'" Melissa McCarthy lead the cast of "Identity Thief," an all-star comedy in which a regular guy is forced to extreme measures to clear his name. With everything to lose after his identity is stolen, he'll find out how crazed you can get trying to settle a bad credit score.
Unlimited funds have allowed Diana (McCarthy) to live it up on the outskirts of Miami, where the queen of retail buys whatever strikes her fancy. There's only one glitch: The ID she's using to finance these sprees reads "Sandy Bigelow Patterson"... and it belongs to an accounts rep (Bateman) who lives halfway across the U.S.
With only one week to hunt down the con artist before his world implodes, the real Sandy Bigelow Patterson heads south to confront the woman with an all-access pass to his life. And as he attempts to bribe, coax and wrangle her the 2,000 miles to Denver, one easy target will discover just how tough it is to get your name back.
- Aspect Ratio: 2.35:1
- Filming Locations: Atlanta, Georgia
- MPAA Warning: Sexual content and language
- Production Budget: $35 million
- Production Companies: Aggregate Films, DumbDumb, Stuber Productions
- Production Schedule: May 2012 - July 2012
2013 Guide Analysis: ""Horrible Bosses" director Seth Gordon helms this Universal Pictures comedy about a guy (Jason Bateman) whose identity is stolen. When he goes to confront and bring back the thief (Melissa McCarthy), he gets a wake-up call about his own life. The pair are soon on the run when a cartel, from which she stole, is out to kill her. While the thief was originally going to be a man, when McCarthy expressed interest it was quickly re-written to suit her talents. Gordon's also nabbed a solid supporting cast including Amanda Peet, Jon Favreau, Jon Cho, Eric Stonestreet, Clark Duke, T.I. and Morris Chestnut."