- Cast: Denzel Washington, Melissa Leo, John Goodman, Don Cheadle, Kelly Reilly, Bruce Greenwood, Nadine Velazquez, James Badge Dale, Garcelle Beauvais, Brian Geraghty, Tamara Tunie, Rhoda Griffis, Dylan Kussman, Kwesi Boakye, Adam Tomei, Michael Beasley, Ric Reitz, Brian F. Durkin, Justin Martin, Steve Coulter, Bethany Anne Lind, Philip Pavel, Ted Huckabee, Adam C. Edwards, Harley Shellhammer
- Director: Robert Zemeckis
- Writer: John Gatins
- Producers: Laurie MacDonald, Walter F. Parkes, Jack Rapke, Steve Starkey, Robert Zemeckis
- Executive Producer: Cherylanne Martin
- Art Direction: David Lazan
- Casting: Victoria Burrows
- Costume Design: Louise Frogley
- D.O.P.: Don Burgess
- Editor: Jeremiah O'Driscoll
- Makeup: Nikoletta Skarlatos
- Music: Alan Silvestri
- Production Design: Nelson Coates
In this action-packed mystery thriller, Academy Award winner Denzel Washington stars as Whip Whitaker, a seasoned airline pilot who miraculously crash-lands his plane after a mid-air catastrophe, saving nearly every soul on board. After the crash, Whip is hailed as a hero, but as more is learned, more questions than answers arise as to who or what was really at fault, and what really happened on that plane?
- Aspect Ratio: 2.35:1
- Filming Locations: Atlanta, USA
- MPAA Warning: Drug and alcohol abuse, language, sexuality/nudity and an intense action sequence
- Production Budget: $50 million
- Production Companies: Paramount Pictures, Parkes/MacDonald Productions
- Production Schedule: 12 October 2011 - February 2012
2012 Guide Analysis: "After three CG mo-cap films, Robert Zemeckis returns with his first live action film since 2000's "Cast Away" and what sounds like a dramatic thriller fictional spin on media blowups such as 2009's 'Miracle On The Hudson'.
John Gatins' script centers on a commercial airline pilot (Washington) whose plane malfunctions. He saves the day with some heroic flying and is instantly hailed as a hero, but an investigation into the cause determines he was flying under the influence of drugs and alcohol. As the airline tries to cover up the problem, the pilot attempts to turn his life around.
Zemeckis chose this Paramount project over some more interesting sounding ones like the time-travelling tale "Replay" at Warners. While his past two mo-cap films have flopped, Zemeckis is one of the few that can churn out films that are both critical and commercial success stories so many are keenly watching to see if he still has that magic."