- Cast: Robert De Niro, Sigourney Weaver, Cillian Murphy, Elizabeth Olsen, Toby Jones, Joely Richardson, Craig Roberts, Burn Gorman, Karen David, Jan Cornet, Leonardo Sbaraglia, Jeany Spark, Jesse Bostick, Garrick Hagon, Gina Bramhill, Eugenio Mira, Peter Brooke, Patricia Potter, Aidan Shipley, Pablo Derqui, Mitchell Mullen, Liliana Cabal, Jeff Mash, Simon Lee Phillips, Paulette Sinclair, Benjamin Nathan-Serio, Miquel Bordoy, Eben Young, Ann Turnbull, Lynn Blades, Xavier Capdet, Julius Cotter
- Director: Rodrigo Cortés
- Writer: Rodrigo Cortés
- Producers: Rodrigo Cortés, Adrián Guerra
- Co Producer: Christina Piovesan
- Associate Producer: Sara Giles
- Executive Producers: Cindy Cowan, Lisa Wilson
- Art Direction: Edward Bonutto
- Casting: Ronna Kress
- Costume Design: Patricia Monné
- D.O.P.: Xavi Giménez
- Editor: Rodrigo Cortés
- Makeup: Caitlin Acheson
- Music: Víctor Reyes
- Production Design: Antón Laguna
Dr. Margaret Matheson and her partner, Tom Buckley are the world's foremost investigators of paranormal phenomena. Professional skeptics, they have debunked dozens of fraudulent mind readers, ghost hunters, faith healers and the like by detecting what Matheson calls 'red lights', subtle clues to the trickery behind each of these 'supernatural' occurrences.
- Aspect Ratio: 2.35:1
- Filming Locations: Barcelona, Spain; Toronto, Canada
- MPAA Warning: Language and some violence
- Production Budget: $4.5 million
- Production Companies: Nostromo Pictures, Cindy Cowan Entertainment, Antena 3 Films
- Production Schedule: 14 February 2011 - April 2011
2012 Guide Analysis: "After making a name for himself with the high concept low budget "Buried", Rodrigo Cortes takes another crack at the psychological-thriller genre with this tale of sceptics, psychics and the supernatural shot in Spain and Canada. Cortes has previously described the film as being about "how the brain does not give a true picture of reality."
Two paranormal fraud investigators, veteran Dr. Margaret Matheson (Weaver) and her assistant Tom Buckley (Murphy), look into legendary psychic Simon Silver (De Niro) who returns after a mysterious thirty year absence to become the world's greatest challenger to orthodox science. As Tom starts becoming obsessed with Silver, some shocking revelations soon occur.
The draw to this fairly mundane story is a strong cast of talented thesps like "Martha Marcy May Marlene" star Elisabeth Olsen, "Submarine" kid Craig Roberts", "Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy" smug spymaster Toby Jones in supporting roles. Whether this'll be a bit of a letdown like "Buried" ultimately was - we'll see."