- Cast: Michel Piccoli, Jerzy Stuhr, Renato Scarpa, Franco Graziosi, Camillo Milli, Roberto Nobile, Ulrich von Dobschütz, Gianluca Gobbi, Nanni Moretti, Margherita Buy, Camilla Ridolfi, Leonardo Della Bianca, Dario Cantarelli, Manuela Mandracchia, Rossana Mortara, Teco Celio, Roberto De Francesco, Chiara Causa, Mario Santella, Toni Laudadio, Enrico Iannello, Cecilia Dazzi, Lucia Mascino, Massimo Verdastro, Giulia Giordano, Francesco Brandi, Giovanni Ludeno, Salvatore Miscio, Salvatore Dell'Aquila
- Director: Nanni Moretti
- Writers: Nanni Moretti, Francesco Piccolo, Federica Pontremoli
- Producers: Jean Labadie, Nanni Moretti, Domenico Procacci
- Costume Design: Lina Nerli Taviani
- D.O.P.: Alessandro Pesci
- Editor: Esmeralda Calabria
- Makeups: Raffaella Iorio, Silvia Persica
- Music: Franco Piersanti
- Production Design: Paola Bizzarri
In his latest comedy, "We Have a Pope," Palme d'Or-winner Nanni Moretti ("The Son's Room") joins forces with the great French actor Michel Piccoli ("Contempt") to tell the story of Melville, a cardinal who suddenly finds himself elected as the next Pope.
Never before in the spotlight and completely caught off guard, he panics as he's presented to the faithful in St. Peter's Square. To prevent a worldwide crisis, the Vatican calls in an unlikely psychiatrist who is neither religious or all that committed, played by Moretti, to find out what is wrong with the new Pope and come to a solution.
"We Have a Pope" gives marvelous insight into the concept of a human being existing behind the title of God's representative on Earth, approaching a serious topic with Moretti's wonderful blend of humor and humanism.
- Aspect Ratio: 1.85:1
- Filming Locations: Rome, Italy
- Production Budget: €8 million
- Production Companies: Sacher Film, Fandango, Le Pacte, France 3 Cinéma, Rai Cinema, Canal+, Coficup, Backup Films, France Télévision, Eurimages
- Production Schedule: 1 February 2010 - May 2010