- Cast: Tom Cruise, Rosamund Pike, David Oyelowo, Richard Jenkins, Alexia Fast, Robert Duvall, Jai Courtney, Werner Herzog, James Martin Kelly, Michael Raymond-James, Nicole Forester, Kristen Dalton, Joseph Sikora, Christopher Stadulis, Dylan Kussman, Josh Helman, Sara Lindsey, Tammy Felice, Scott A. Martin, Jace Jeanes, Susan Angelo, Teri Clark Linden, Joe Coyle, Julia Yorks, Annie Kitral, Ron Pucillo, Peter Gannon, Amy Morse, Alicia Murton, Jarid Faubel, David Whalen, J Bizel
- Director: Christopher McQuarrie
- Writers: Christopher McQuarrie, Lee Child
- Producers: Tom Cruise, David Ellison, Dana Goldberg, Don Granger , Gary Levinsohn, Kevin J. Messick, Paula Wagner
- Associate Producer: Cliff Lanning
- Executive Producer: Jake Myers
- Art Directions: Christa Munro, Gregory A. Weimerskirch
- Casting: Mindy Marin
- Costume Design: Susan Matheson
- D.O.P.: Caleb Deschanel
- Editors: Stephen M. Rickert Jr., Kevin Stitt
- Makeup: Trefor Proud
- Music: Joe Kraemer
- Production Design: Jim Bissell
- Set Decoration: Douglas A. Mowat
Six shots. Five dead. One heartland city thrown into a state of terror. But within hours the cops have it solved: a slam-dunk case. Except for one thing. The accused man says: You got the wrong guy. Then he says: Get Reacher for me.
And sure enough, ex–military investigator Jack Reacher is coming. He knows this shooter—a trained military sniper who never should have missed a shot. Reacher is certain something is not right—and soon the slam-dunk case explodes.
Now Reacher is teamed with a beautiful young defense lawyer, moving closer to the unseen enemy who is pulling the strings. Reacher knows that no two opponents are created equal. This one has come to the heartland from his own kind of hell. And Reacher knows that the only way to take him down is to match his ruthlessness and cunning—and then beat him shot for shot.
- Aspect Ratio: 2.35:1
- Filming Locations: Pittsburgh, USA
- MPAA Warning: Violence, language and some drug material
- Production Budget: $50 million
- Production Companies: Mutual Film Company, Paramount Pictures, Skydance Productions
- Production Schedule: 3 October 2011 - 17 January 2012