- Cast: Quvenzhané Wallis, Dwight Henry, Jonshel Alexander, Marilyn Barbarin, Kaliana Brower, Nicholas Clark, Henry D. Coleman, Levy Easterly, Pamela Harper, Kendra Harris, Jovan Hathaway, Amber Henry, Hannah Holby, Lowell Landes, Philip Lawrence, Gina Montanna, Jimmy Lee Moore
- Director: Benh Zeitlin
- Writers: Lucy Alibar, Benh Zeitlin
- Producers: Michael Gottwald, Dan Janvey, Josh Penn
- Co Producers: Chris Carroll, Matthew Parker
- Associate Producer: Nathan Harrison
- Executive Producers: Philipp Engelhorn, Paul Mezey, Michael Raisler
- Art Direction: Dawn Masi
- Costume Design: Stephani Lewis
- D.O.P.: Ben Richardson
- Editors: Crockett Doob, Affonso Gonçalves
- Makeup: Carlos Savant
- Musics: Dan Romer, Benh Zeitlin
- Production Design: Alex DiGerlando
- Set Decoration: Annie Evelyn
Hushpuppy, an intrepid six-year-old girl, lives with her father, Wink, in "the Bathtub," a southern Delta community at the edge of the world. Wink's tough love prepares her for the unraveling of the universe; for a time when he's no longer there to protect her. When Wink contracts a mysterious illness, nature flies out of whack-temperatures rise, and the ice caps melt, unleashing an army of prehistoric creatures called aurochs. With the waters rising, the aurochs coming, and Wink's health fading, Hushpuppy goes in search of her lost mother
- Aspect Ratio: 1.85:1
- Filming Locations: New Orleans, USA
- MPAA Warning: Thematic material including child imperilment, some disturbing images, language and brief sensuality
- Production Budget: $1.5 million
- Production Companies: Cinereach, Court 13 Pictures, Journeyman Pictures
More than half of the cast hails from Louisiana bayou country.
The film's story stems from a play by Lucy Alibar, an actress and playwright who makes a cameo appearance in the movie.
The title of the original play on which the film is based is 'Juicy and Delicious'.