- Cast: Eric West, Vanessa Williams, Kim Kardashian, Jurnee Smollett, Brandy Norwood, Lance Gross, Robbie Jones, Andrea Moore, Ella Joyce, Candice Coke, Robert Hotalen, Zach Sale, Sharon Oliphant, Nickolas Wolf, Dina Morrone, Cara Mantella, Shelley Bassett, Shaeleigh Person, Jon Gould, Andrew R. Kaplan, Denise Pereira, Stephanie Greenquist, DeMontrez "Dez" Spears, Ken Melde, Sheila Maddox, Micah Stampley, James Troutman, Ira Carmichael, Jim Adams, Sidney Baxley, Deborah Redding, Sanna Haynes, Zack Kibria
- Director: Tyler Perry
- Writer: Tyler Perry
- Producers: Tyler Perry, Ozzie Areu, Paul Hall
- Art Direction: Gentry L. Akens II
- Casting: Kim Coleman
- Costume Designs: Aliyah I. Baynes, Ashley Marie Parker
- D.O.P.: Alexander Gruszynski
- Editor: Maysie Hoy
- Makeups: Tracy Ewell, Kimberly Jones, Ariane Turner
- Music: Aaron Zigman
- Production Design: Eloise Crane Stammerjohn
- Set Decoration: Dane Moore
Roger Jackson is an accountant who takes care of his wife Judith, as well as her mother T.T. and his father Floyd, who were both displaced by Hurricane Katrina. The two parents bicker constantly; Floyd smokes marijuana and grows it in the Jacksons' yard.
Judith is an Ivy League-educated marriage counselor who gives marital advice every day, yet seems not to recognize the issues with her own marriage. An old college flame entices Judith to leave her husband, parents, home, and practice. Through a series of unpredictable events, she finds that her new life may not be as wonderful as she thought it would be.
Lisa, who cleans her office, hands in her notice and reveals that she has HIV, courtesy of her womanizing, drug-using ex-husband. Unknowingly, Judith slowly leaves her life just as her husband is trying to improve and revitalize their relationship. One day he decides to surprise her at her practice.
- Aspect Ratio: 1.85:1
- Filming Locations: Atlanta, USA
- MPAA Warning: Some violence, sexuality and drug content
- Production Companies: Lionsgate, The Tyler Perry Company
- Production Schedule: October 25th 2011 - January 2012
2013 Guide Analysis: "A triple dose of Tyler Perry this year from Lionsgate. In late March comes "Temptation" which stars Jurnee Smollett as a married marriage counselor who, neglected by her current husband, falls in love with one of her patients - a womanising social media mogul. Her husband finds out and she begins to be abused by the man she falls in love with. Brandy Norwood, Jerry Stiller, Vanessa Williams, and even Kim Kardashian fill out the supporting roles in a film that Perry claims is his "most powerful to date." It's certainly much darker in tone than the play "The Marriage Counselor" on which it is based."