- Cast: Jessica Chastain, Taylor Kinney, Scott Adkins, Joel Edgerton, Mark Strong, Édgar Ramírez, Chris Pratt, Mark Duplass, Harold Perrineau, Jason Clarke, James Gandolfini, Kyle Chandler, Frank Grillo, Stephen Dillane, Jennifer Ehle, Mark Valley, Jeremy Strong, Lee Asquith-Coe, Fredric Lehne, Senem Temiz, Daniel Lapaine, Mike Colter, Fares Fares, Callan Mulvey, Jessica Collins, Christopher Stanley, Shabana Azmi, Josh Kelly, Nash Edgerton, Alexander Karim, Ricky Sekhon, Sean Mahon, Martin Delaney, Christian Contreras, Henry Garrett, John Schwab, Jeff Mash
- Director: Kathryn Bigelow
- Writer: Mark Boal
- Producers: Kathryn Bigelow, Mark Boal, Megan Ellison
- Co Producer: Matthew Budman
- Associate Producer: Pravesh Sahni
- Executive Producers: Ted Schipper, Greg Shapiro, Colin Wilson
- Art Direction: Rod McLean
- Castings: Mark Bennett, Richard Hicks, Gail Stevens
- Costume Design: George L. Little
- D.O.P.: Greig Fraser
- Editors: William Goldenberg, Dylan Tichenor
- Makeup: Daniel Parker
- Music: Alexandre Desplat
- Production Design: Jeremy Hindle
- Set Decorations: Lisa Chugg, Onkar Khot
The story focuses on the black ops mission to capture or kill Osama bin Laden, which culminated in his death during a high-stakes raid on his compound in Pakistan.
- Aspect Ratio: 2.35:1
- Filming Locations: Amman, Jordan; Punjab, India
- Production Budget: $20 million
- Production Companies: Annapurna Pictures
- Production Schedule: 26 March 2012 - 3 June 2012
2012 Guide Analysis: "Following her Oscar success with "The Hurt Locker", everyone was eager to know what filmmaker Kathryn Bigelow planned for a follow-up. Bigelow and 'Locker' scribe Mark Boal began work on "Triple Frontier" about the South American town near the Iguazu Falls that's a mecca for international crime.
Then in late 2010 they put that project on hold in favour of what they were calling a smaller scale international thriller dealing with black ops which would be based on a true story. That film turned out to be a project at one time titled "Killing Bin Laden" which followed Navy SEAL Team 6's attempt to assassinate bin Laden almost a decade ago, an effort that came very close to succeeding.
There wasn't a lot of interest in the project but it looked to slowly be making progress. Then came May 2nd, the day bin Laden was killed by the very same SEAL team. Overnight it suddenly became the hottest production in town. Though some re-writes would be needed, here was a script essentially ready to go and with a recent Oscar-winning director already attached. It became so talked about that politicians from both sides of the aisle got concerned about the film's possible political bias and even potential violations of national security.
At last report Joel Edgerton, Jason Clarke, Tom Hardy, Guy Pearce, Jessica Chastain, Mark Strong, Idris Elba, Chris Pratt, Jennifer Ehle and Edgar Ramirez are in contention or already set for roles. Otherwise much of the film remains top secret other than a December 19th release date the movie is targeting - meaning it'll have to get moving very soon to reach it."