- Cast: Greg Kinnear, David Harbour, Jennifer Edwards-Hughes, Peter Moore, Michelle Hutchison, James Detmar, Michael Paul Levin, Michelle Arthur, Peter Thoemke, Alan Arkin, Lea Thompson, Bob Balaban, Alan Johnson, Alec George, Billy Crudup, Terry Hempleman, Chris Carlson, Isabell O'Connor, Mike Hagerty, Wayne Morton, Meg O'Connell
- Director: Jill Sprecher
- Writers: Jill Sprecher, Karen Sprecher
- Producers: Mary Frances Budig, Elizabeth Redleaf, Christine K. Walker
- Co Producers: Andrew Peterson, Mark Steele
- Associate Producers: Ken Bailey, Kelly Gilpatrick
- Art Direction: Kelly Hemenway
- Costume Design: Tere Duncan
- D.O.P.: Dick Pope
- Editor: Lee Percy
- Makeup: Mary Flaa
- Music: Jeff Danna
- Production Design: Jeff Schoen
- Set Decoration: Jill Broadfoot
Mickey Prohaska (Greg Kinnear) is a small-time insurance agent looking for a way to jump-start his business, reunite with his estranged wife (Lea Thompson) and escape the frigid Wisconsin weather. This self-proclaimed master of spin believes that salesmanship is about selling a story - all he needs is a sucker willing to buy it.
He hits pay dirt with a lonely retired farmer (Alan Arkin) who is sitting on something much bigger than an insurance commission. But Mickey's attempt to con the old man spins out of control when a nosy, unstable locksmith (Billy Crudup) with a volatile temper dramatically ups the stakes, trapping him in a spiral of danger, deceit and double-crossing.
Blending dark comedy and delirious Midwestern noir, "Thin Ice" reaches a breaking point that no one - least of all Mickey Prohaska - could ever see coming.
- Aspect Ratio: 2.35:1
- Filming Locations: Minnesota, USA
- MPAA Warning: Language, and brief violent and sexual content
- Production Companies: ATO Pictures, Werc Werk Works, Spare Room Productions
- Production Schedule: 8 February 2010 - 16 March 2010