- Cast: Bruce Willis, Edward Norton, Bill Murray, Tilda Swinton, Harvey Keitel, Frances McDormand, Jason Schwartzman, Bob Balaban, Kara Hayward, Jared Gilman, Seamus Davey-Fitzpatrick, Neal Huff, Jake Ryan, Charlie Kilgore, Tommy Nelson, Chandler Frantz, Gabriel Rush, Lucas Hedges, L.J. Foley, Jordan Puzzo, James Wilcox, Tanner Flood, George J. Vezina, Andreas Sheikh
- Director: Wes Anderson
- Writers: Wes Anderson, Roman Coppola
- Producers: Wes Anderson, Jeremy Dawson, Steven M. Rales, Scott Rudin
- Co Producers: Eli Bush, Molly Cooper, Lila Yacoub
- Associate Producer: Octavia Peissel
- Executive Producer: Sam Hoffman
- Art Direction: Gerald Sullivan
- Casting: Douglas Aibel
- Costume Design: Kasia Walicka-Maimone
- D.O.P.: Robert D. Yeoman
- Editor: Andrew Weisblum
- Makeup: Nuria Sitja
- Music: Alexandre Desplat
- Production Design: Adam Stockhausen
- Set Decoration: Kris Moran
Set on an island off the coast of New England in the 1960s, the film follows a young boy and girl falling in love. When they are moved to run away together, various factions of the town mobilize to search for them and the town is turned upside down – which might not be such a bad thing.
- Aspect Ratio: 2.35:1
- Filming Locations: Rhode Island, USA
- MPAA Warning: Sexual content and smoking
- Production Companies: Indian Paintbrush, American Empirical Pictures, Moonrise, Scott Rudin Productions
- Production Schedule: May 2011 - 28 June 2011
2012 Guide Analysis: "A Wes Anderson film ("Rushmore," The Royal Tenenbaums") always generates a lot of excitement amongst art house film lovers where he's essentially a directing superstar - like Michael Bay but with taste, subtlety and an adult sense of humour. He lands big names but never loses his sense of quirkiness or smarts - making his efforts consistent enough in tone to have a signature, but different enough that each stands out from the other.
This time he's doing a 1960's set story about a pair of young lovers (one a boy scout) who flee their New England island town, prompting a local search party led by the Sheriff and the girl's parents to find them. It sounds fairly mundane on paper, but judging by the very Anderson-esque first trailer it's filled with all his usual wacky characters and situations.
Certainly he's assembled a hell of an impressive cast for it including those above plus Jason Schwartzman, Harvey Keitel and Bob Balaban. Anderson also co-wrote the script with Roman Coppola before shooting the project on Rhode Island early last Summer. Focus is releasing the project for Memorial Day weekend, giving adults who're after something with more depth a nice bit of counter programming to bite into."