- Cast: Thandie Newton, Rebecca Romijn, Tyler Perry, Gabrielle Union, Eddie Cibrian, Brian White, Jamie Kennedy, Phylicia Rashad, Jordenn Thompson, Tom Thon, Bob Lanoue, Jennifer Van Horn, Andrew Masset, Melody Johnson, Darryl Booker, Gordon Price, Deborah Redding, Sharon McHenryPower, Ashley LeConte Campbell, Jermaine Thomas, Gregory Cook
- Director: Tyler Perry
- Writer: Tyler Perry
- Producers: Ozzie Areu, Paul Hall, Tyler Perry
- Co Producer: H.H. Cooper
- Executive Producers: Joseph P. Genier, Michael Paseornek
- Art Direction: Gentry L. Akens II
- Casting: Kim Coleman
- Costume Design: Johnetta Boone
- D.O.P.: Alexander Gruszynski
- Editor: Maysie Hoy
- Makeup: Kenneth Walker
- Music: Aaron Zigman
- Production Design: Ina Mayhew
- Set Decoration: Lance Totten
A successful, wealthy businessman, Wesley Deeds (Tyler Perry) has always done what’s expected of him, whether it’s assuming the helm of his father’s company, tolerating his brother’s misbehavior at the office or planning to marry his beautiful but restless fiancée, Natalie (Gabrielle Union). But Wesley is jolted out of his predictable routine when he meets Lindsey (Thandie Newton), a down-on-her-luck single mother who works on the cleaning crew in his office building. When he offers to help her get back on her feet, the chance encounter with someone so far outside his usual circle ignites something in Wesley. This one good deed may finally spark his courage to exchange the life that’s expected of him for the life he’s always really wanted.
- Aspect Ratio: 2.35:1
- Filming Locations: Atlanta, USA
- MPAA Warning: Sexual content, language, some violence and thematic material
- Production Companies: Tyler Perry Studios, Lionsgate
- Production Schedule: 25 April 2011 - July 2011
2012 Guide Analysis: "The one man industry that is Tyler Perry continues with this eleventh directorial effort by the playwright and filmmaker who also has the leading male role this time out - one which doesn't require him to slip on his Madea garb.
The story follows an affluent man (Perry), groomed from birth to take over his family's multinational business, who develops complicating feelings for a single mom (Newton) on the eve of his wedding.
Like all of Perry's films it's a manipulative feel good morality tale that'll no doubt feature his usual over-the-top black character portrayals and melodrama - but at least it seems mildly restrained this time out judging by the trailer. Still, a film only for the faithful."