- Cast: Roselyn Sanchez, Nestor Serrano, Emilio Rivera, Gonzalo Menendez, Jason Cottle, Ailsa Marshall, Alex Veadovm Drea Castro, Keo Woolford, Sonny Sison, Alexander Asefa, Aurelius DiBarsanti, Dimiter Marinov. Marc Margulies, David Lee Valle
- Directors: Mike McCoy, Scott Waugh
- Writer: Kurt Johnstad
- Producers: Mike McCoy, Scott Waugh
- Co Producer: Duncan Smith
- Executive Producers: Jason Clark, Max Leitman, Michael J. Mailis, Jay Pollak, Lance Sloane, Benjamin Statler, Thomas Tull
- Casting: Nancy Nayor
- Costume Design: Erica Clum
- D.O.P.: Shane Hurlbut
- Editors: Siobhan Prior, Michael Tronick, Scott Waugh
- Makeup: Rachel Hoke
- Music: Nathan Furst
- Production Design: John Zachary
- Set Decoration: Jessica Anderson
An unprecedented blend of real-life heroism and original filmmaking, Act of Valor stars a group of active-duty Navy SEALs in a powerful story of contemporary global anti-terrorism. Inspired by true events, the film combines stunning combat sequences, up-to-the minute battlefield technology and heart-pumping emotion for the ultimate action adventure.
Act of Valor takes audiences deep into the secretive world of the most elite, highly trained group of warriors in the modern world. When the rescue of a kidnapped CIA operative leads to the discovery of a deadly terrorist plot against the U.S., a team of SEALs is dispatched on a worldwide manhunt. As the valiant men of Bandito Platoon race to stop a coordinated attack that could kill and wound thousands of American civilians, they must balance their commitment to country, team and their families back home.
Each time they accomplish their mission, a new piece of intelligence reveals another shocking twist to the deadly terror plot, which stretches from Chechnya to the Philippines and from Ukraine to Somalia. The widening operation sends the SEALs across the globe as they track the terrorist ring to the U.S.-Mexico border, where they engage in an epic firefight with an outcome that has potentially unimaginable consequences for the future of America.
- Aspect Ratio: 2.35:1
- Filming Locations: Baja California Norte, Mexico; Cambodia; Florida Keys, USA; Mississippi, USA; Mojave Desert, USA; Puerto Rico; San Diego, USA; Ukraine
- MPAA Warning: Strong violence including some torture, and for language
- Production Budget: $15 million
- Production Companies: Bandito Brothers Production
2012 Guide Analysis: "What began life as a recruitment video for the U.S. military's NSWC division has become a full-fledged feature set to score a wide release. While a few actual actors have small roles, 'Valor' is being sold on the fact that most of the people in the film are real-life active duty Navy SEALs and the action is being approached as to be as authentic as possible to actual military operations.
Produced for a cost-effective $15 million (already mostly covered by Relativity's purchase of the project back in June), it'll be an interesting experiment to see if audiences will turn out for essentially a live action "Battlefield 3"/"Call of Duty"-style movie."