- Cast: Abbie Cornish, Natalie Dormer, Oscar Isaac, Richard Coyle, Andrea Riseborough, James D'Arcy, Natalie Gal, Annabelle Wallis, Laurence Fox, James Fox, Ronan Vibert, David Harbour, Christina Chong, Anna Skellern, Haluk Bilginer, Kevin Cahoon, Catherine Balavage, Charlotte Comer, Lola Leon , Leigh Zimmerman, Duane Henry, Alberto Vazquez, Maria Di Angelis, Lee Jerrum, Max Callum, Douglas Reith, Nicholas Blatt, Audrey Brisson, Nicole Harvey, Lisa Iaria
- Director: Madonna
- Writers: Alek Keshishian, Madonna
- Producers: Kris Thykier, Colin Vaines
- Co Producer: Sara Zambreno
- Executive Producers: Scott Franklin, Nigel Wooll
- Art Directions: Huw Arthur, Steven Lawrence, Mark Raggett, Molly Sole, Sarah Stuart
- Castings: Elaine Grainger, Lucinda Syson
- Costume Design: Arianne Phillips
- D.O.P.: Hagen Bogdanski
- Editor: Danny Tull
- Makeup: Jenny Shircore
- Music: Abel Korzeniowski
- Production Design: Martin Childs
- Set Decorations: Celia Bobak, Cherish Magennis, Michel Rollant
W.E tells the story of two fragile but determined women - Wally Winthrop (Abbie Cornish) and Wallis Simpson - separated by more than six decades. In 1998, lonely New Yorker Winthrop is obsessed with what she perceives as the ultimate love story: King Edward VIII's abdication of the British throne for the woman he loved, American divorcee Wallis Simpson.
But Winthrop's research, including several visits to the Sotheby's auction of the Windsor Estate, reveals that the couple's life together was not as perfect as she thought.
Weaving back and forth in time, the film intertwines Wally's journey of discovery in New York with the story of Wallis (Andrea Riseborough) and Edward (James D'Arcy), from the glamorous early days of their romance to the slow unraveling of their lives in the decades that followed.
- Aspect Ratio: 2.35:1
- Filming Locations: French Riviera; London, UK; New York City, USA; Paris, France
- MPAA Warning: Some domestic violence, nudity and language
- Production Budget: $15 million
- Production Companies: Semtex Films
- Production Schedule: 4 July 2010 - October 2010