- Cast: Charlie Hunnam, Liv Tyler, Patrick Wilson, Terrence Howard, Christopher Gorham, Jaqueline Fleming, Monica Acosta, Mike Pniewski, Jillian Batherson, Dean J. West, Amber Gaiennie, Mindy Caraccioli, Katia Gomez, Melody Noel, Nathan Alan Thomas, Maverick Boudreaux, Geraldine Singer, Jason Johnson, Sean Paul Braud, Don Lincoln, Thomas C. Daniel, Gracie McCauley, Cindy Williamson, Alyssa Tate, Michele Van
- Director: Matthew Chapman
- Writer: Matthew Chapman
- Producers: Mark Damon, Michael Mailer
- Co Producers: Taylor Clyne, Katherine Owens, Matthias Visser
- Associate Producers: James Portolese, Matt Sinnreich, Katerina Slantcheva
- Executive Producers: Prince Faisal S. Al-Saud, Christian Arnold-Beutel, Taylor Clyne, Bobby Ranghelov, Steven Saxton, Marcus Schöfer, Tilo Seiffert, Tamara Stuparich de la Barra, Nick Thurlow, Gregory M. Walker
- Art Direction: Jason E. Baldwin
- Costume Design: Jillian Kreiner
- D.O.P.: Bobby Bukowski
- Editors: Alex Hall, Anne McCabe
- Makeup: Kimberly Amacker
- Music: Nathan Barr
- Production Design: James A. Gelarden
- Set Decoration: Andrew W. Bofinger
One step can change a life forever in "The Ledge," a sexy and suspenseful thriller, starring Charlie Hunnam, Liv Tyler, Patrick Wilson and Terrence Howard. After embarking on a passionate affair with his evangelical neighbor's wife (Tyler), Gavin (Hunnam) soon finds himself in a battle of wills that will have life or death consequences. As a non-believing atheist, Gavin is lured by her lover's husband (Wilson) to the ledge of a high rise and told he has one hour to make a choice between his life or the one he loves. Without faith in an afterlife, will he be able to make a decision? It's up to police officer Hollis (Howard) to save both their lives but the clock is ticking in this edge-of-your-seat film that will leave you gasping until the final frame.
- Aspect Ratio: 1.85:1
- Filming Locations: Baton Rouge, USA
- MPAA Warning: Sexuality, language and some violent content
- Production Budget: $10 million
- Production Companies: Film & Entertainment VIP Medienfonds 4 GmbH & Co. KG, Modern VideoFilm
- Production Schedule: 8 March 2010 - April 2010
2011 Guide Analysis: "Not to be confused with that other similar sounding NYC-set studio film "Man on a Ledge" starring Sam Worthington, this $10 million indie suspense tale shot in Baton Rouge back in March is said to explore "the different and sometimes dangerous beliefs people adopt as a means of surviving emotional trauma" according to first time writer-director Matthew Chapman.
The man on the precipice is Charlie Hunnam, the British actor who first came to notice a decade ago getting a graphic rim job from Aidan Gillen in the pilot of the original UK "Queer as Folk" series. Since then he's made a name for himself in recent years playing a biker in FX's hit series "Sons of Anarchy". He's joined by Liv Tyler, "Little Children" hunk Patrick Wilson, and original "Iron Man" co-star Terrence Howard as the cop trying to talk the man down.
With its smaller budget than the other 'Ledge', I'd expect this to be more dialogue-driven and emotional but both are essentially single location suspense-driven character dramas (ala. "Phone Booth"). What's going on here is hard to say though as the early information about it is conflicting.
One synopsis calls it "a battle of philosophies between a fundamentalist Christian and an atheist [that] escalates into a lethal battle of wills". How the hell that fits in with a producer's rather asinine quote that the film "explores the fourth dimension: the interior life of tortured souls hovering over the precipice of emotional nullity" I don't know. In any case, this 'Ledge' has its world premiere in competition at Sundance in a few weeks. We'll get most of our answers then."