- Cast: Viggo Mortensen, Ed Harris, Renée Zellweger, Jeremy Irons, Timothy Spall, Lance Henriksen, Rex Linn, Ariadna Gil, Tom Bower, Luce Rains, Girard Swan, Robert Knott, Boyd Kestner, Timothy V. Murphy, Adam Nelson, Cerris Morgan-Moyer, Corby Griesenbeck, Gabriel Marantz, Josh Renfree, Erik J. Bockemeier
- Director: Ed Harris
- Writers: Robert Knott, Ed Harris
- Producers: Ed Harris, Robert Knott, Ginger Sledge
- Executive Producers: Caldecot Chubb, Michael London
- Art Direction: Steve Arnold
- Castings: Nicole Abellera, Jeanne McCarthy
- Costume Design: David C. Robinson
- D.O.P.: Dean Semler
- Editor: Kathryn Himoff
- Music: Jeff Beal
- Production Design: Waldemar Kalinowski
- Set Decoration: Linda Lee Sutton
Set in the Old West territory of New Mexico, "Appaloosa" revolves around a pair of hired guns (Viggo Mortensen and Ed Harris) who come to clean up a dangerous town run by a ruthless, powerful rancher (Jeremy Irons) and his band of outlaws. While boldly bringing new order to the town, the two fearless lawmen meet a provocative outsider (Renée Zellweger) whose unconventional ways threaten to destroy their decade-old bond.
- Aspect Ratio: 2.35:1
- Filming Locations: Austin, USA; Santa Fe, USA
- MPAA Warning: Some violence and language
- Production Companies: Eight Gauge Productions, Groundswell Productions
- Production Schedule: 1st October 2007 - 24th November 2007
- Harris wanted to make the film in the old-fashioned style of such films as 3:10 to Yuma, My Darling Clementine and The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance, rather than a revisionist approach.
- Mortensen agreed to take the part after responding well to the character and the relationship dynamic between the two characters.