- Cast: Kristin Scott Thomas, Mélusine Mayance, Niels Arestrup, Frédéric Pierrot, Michel Duchaussoy, Dominique Frot, Natasha Mashkevich, Gisèle Casadesus, Aidan Quinn, Sarah Ber, Arben Bajraktaraj, Karina Hin, James Gerard, Joseph Rezwin, Kate Moran, Paul Mercier, Simon Eine, Julie Fournier, Paige Jennifer Barr, Joanna Merlin, George Birt, Vinciane Millereau, Sylviane Fraval, Nancy Tate, Frederick Guillaud, Charlotte Poutrel, Maxim Driesen, Xavier Beja, Mark Fairchild
- Director: Gilles Paquet-Brenner
- Writers: Serge Joncour, Gilles Paquet-Brenner, Tatiana De Rosnay
- Producer: Stéphane Marsil
- Executive Producer: Gaetan Rousseau
- Castings: Gwendale Schmitz, Lina Todd
- Costume Design: Erika Munro
- D.O.P.: Pascal Ridao
- Editor: Hervé Schneid
- Makeup: Linda Schwach
- Music: Max Richter
- Production Design: Françoise Dupertuis
Julia Jarmond, an American journalist married to a Frenchman, is commissioned to write an article about the notorious Vel d’Hiv round up, which took place in Paris, in 1942.
She stumbles upon a family secret which will link her forever to the destiny of a young Jewish girl, Sarah. Julia learns that the apartment she and her husband Bertrand plan to move into was acquired by Bertrand’s family when its Jewish occupants were dispossessed and deported 60 years before.
She resolves to find out what happened to the former occupants: Wladyslaw and Rywka Starzynski, parents of 10-year-old Sarah and four-year-old Michel. The more Julia discovers - especially about Sarah, the only member of the Starzynski family to survive - the more she uncovers about Bertrand’s family, about France and, finally, herself.
- Aspect Ratio: 2.35:1
- Filming Locations: Paris, France; Versailles, France
- MPAA Warning: Thematic material including disturbing situations involving the Holocaust
- Production Budget: $14.5 million
- Production Companies: Hugo Productions, Studio 37, TF1 Droits Audiovisuels, France 2 Cinéma, Canal+, TPS Star, France Télévision, Région Ile-de-France, A Plus Image