- Cast: Orlando Bloom, Juliette Lewis, Mark Ruffalo, Laura Linney, Noah Emmerich, John Carroll Lynch, James Karen, Diana Terranova, Erin Way, Dov Tiefenbach, Nathan Wetherington, Christopher Thornton, Nandini Iyer, Sandra Seacat, Daniel Escobar, Timothy McNeil, Michael Anthony Spady, Milissa Skoro, Willie Macc, Allie Smith, Karen Jin Beck, Laurel Astri, Bryan McCoy, Mariko Denda, Niko Nicotera
- Director: Mark Ruffalo
- Writer: Christopher Thornton
- Producers: Mark Ruffalo, Andrea Sperling, Matt Weaver, Scott Prisand, Christopher Thornton
- Co Producers: Israel Wolfson, Jeff Davis, Tom Pellegrini, Andrew Renzi
- Executive Producers: Marc Bell, Gina Resnick, Michael Roban , Robert Stein, Barry Habib, Joanne Jacobson, Dean M. Leavitt, Marcelo Paladini
- Art Direction: Michael Hersey
- Casting: Heidi Levitt
- Costume Design: Erin Benach
- D.O.P.: Chris Norr
- Editor: Pete Beaudreau
- Makeup: Michelle Bühler
- Production Design: Michael Grasley
- Set Decoration: Gregory S. Webb
Recently paralyzed DJ “Delicious” Dean battles the mean streets of Los Angeles, struggling to survive in his wheelchair. Yearning to walk again, and fighting to spark the ashes that were once his career, Dean turns to the dubious world of faith healing and gets much more than he bargained for.
Lured by easy money and the heat of fame, Dean sells out to an unstable rock band, stomping the dreams of so many who see him as their only hope. World-famous DJ “Delicious” must now tackle his own worst demon-himself-if he is ever to conquer his “handicap” and find true healing.
- Aspect Ratio: 2.35:1
- Filming Locations: Los Angeles, USA
- Production Companies: Corner Store Entertainment, Super Crispy Entertainment, Volume One Entertainment
- Production Schedule: 5 January 2009 - 28 February 2009
2010 Guide Analysis: The numerous paparazzi photos of Orlando Bloom dressed as a shirtless, full-body tattooed grungy rock band member in the film has taken much of the attention off 'Sympathy' itself which may surprise people when it premieres at Sundance in competition. Actor Mark Ruffalo makes his directing debut on the story penned and starring Christopher Thornton as the titular DJ, and though the story sounds somewhat like a Lifetime telemovie, this should pack more promise.