- Cast: Milla Jovovich, Sienna Guillory, Johann Urb, Li Bingbing, Shawn Roberts, Kevin Durand, Oded Fehr, Boris Kodjoe, Michelle Rodriguez
- Director: Paul W. S. Anderson
- Writer: Paul W. S. Anderson
- Producers: Paul W.S. Anderson, Jeremy Bolt, Don Carmody
- Co Producer: Alexander Dostal
- Art Directions: Dennis Davenport, Dan Yarhi
- Casting: Deirdre Bowen
- Costume Design: Wendy Partridge
- D.O.P.: Glen MacPherson
- Editor: Niven Howie
- Makeup: Paul Jones
- Music: tomandandy
- Production Design: Kevin Phipps
- Set Decoration: Steve Shewchuk
Alice is captured by Umbrella once again, and awakens in the heart of their operation facility; as she moves further in the complex, more of her past is unveiled and she continues to hunt for those responsible for the outbreak. Her quest takes her and her newfound allies from Tokyo to New York, Washington D.C. and Moscow. After a "mind-blowing" revelation, she is forced to rethink everything, finally finding out the truth about herself, and the Umbrella Corporation.
- Aspect Ratio: 2.35:1
- Filming Locations: Moscow, Russia; Toronto, Canada
- Production Budget: $90 million
- Production Companies: Davis Films/Impact Pictures (RE5), Constantin Film International
- Production Schedule: October 10th 2011 - December 23rd 2011
2012 Guide Analysis: "The fifth film in this franchise based on the hit video game series, the third to be directed by Anderson and the second to be done in 3D, 'Retribution' continues the move away from horror to a more straight up action approach much like the game series and the previous two films.
This entry will take place across several international locales including Tokyo, Moscow and New York - with filming having taken place in all three locales. Numerous elements from the game are being brought in including an action set piece from the fifth video game being translated directly to film. Also the Las Plagas parasite from the games is being incorporated which will give us zombies able to shoot guns and ride motorbikes.
Three characters not yet translated onscreen - Leon Kennedy, Ada Wong, and Barry Burton - have been added to the cast here which includes the returning Alice, Jill Valentine, Luther West, Carlos Olivera and a cameo from villain Albert Wesker. The big surprise though is that two of the characters that died in the first film - Michelle Rodriguez's 'Rain' and Colin Salmon's 'One' are coming back in some capacity with the actors reprising the parts.
The box-office for this series has stayed fairly stable domestically, internationally however it has expanded with each entry. Dramatically so in the case of the fourth film which earned $236 million outside the U.S. - more than double that of its predecessor. No-one is quite sure how this one will go but with only moderate budgets and that kind of revenue coming in - the 'Resident' films are far from over."