- Cast: Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone, Meagan Good, Embeth Davidtz, Rhys Ifans, Chris Zylka, Martin Sheen, C. Thomas Howell, Irrfan Khan, Sally Field, Denis Leary, Campbell Scott, Hannah Marks, Stan Lee, Annie Parisse, Michael Massee, Vanessa Lee Chester, Miles Elliot, Kari Coleman, Barbara Eve Harris, Charlie DePew, Leif Gantvoort, Jacob Rodier, Jake Keiffer
- Director: Marc Webb
- Writers: Alvin Sargent, Steve Kloves, Steve Ditko, Stan Lee, James Vanderbilt
- Producers: Avi Arad, Matthew Tolmach, Laura Ziskin
- Associate Producer: Kyla Kraman
- Executive Producers: Michael Grillo, Stan Lee
- Art Directions: Page Buckner, Michael E. Goldman, David F. Klassen
- Casting: Francine Maisler
- Costume Design: Kym Barrett
- D.O.P.: John Schwartzman
- Editors: Alan Edward Bell, Pietro Scalia
- Makeup: Ve Neill
- Music: James Horner
- Production Design: J. Michael Riva
- Set Decoration: Leslie A. Pope
The Amazing Spider-Man is the story of Peter Parker (Andrew Garfield), an outcast high schooler who was abandoned by his parents as a boy, leaving him to be raised by his Uncle Ben (Martin Sheen) and Aunt May (Sally Field).
Like most teenagers, Peter is trying to figure out who he is and how he got to be the person he is today. Peter is also finding his way with his first high school crush, Gwen Stacy (Emma Stone), and together, they struggle with love, commitment, and secrets.
As Peter discovers a mysterious briefcase that belonged to his father, he begins a quest to understand his parents' disappearance - leading him directly to Oscorp and the lab of Dr Curt Connors (Rhys Ifans), his father's former partner.
As Spider-Man is set on a collision course with Connors' alter-ego, The Lizard, Peter will make life-altering choices to use his powers and shape his destiny to become a hero
- Aspect Ratio: 2.35:1
- Filming Locations: Los Angeles, USA; New York City, USA
- MPAA Warning: Sequences of action and violence
- Production Budget: $200 million
- Production Companies: Columbia Pictures, Laura Ziskin Productions, Marvel Enterprises, Marvel Studios
- Production Schedule: 6 December 2010 - 9 May 2011
2012 Guide Analysis: "A film initiated for the most cynical of reasons - to avoid rights to this cash cow franchise slipping back to Marvel - may not be a good starting point, but it's not necessarily a deal breaker either. Still, Sony's decision to skip a fourth Sam Raimi-directed "Spider-Man" in favour of producing a more cost-effective reboot has many scratching their heads. The more obvious 'Ultimate Spider-Man' influence and a definite casting upgrade with Andrew Garfield and Emma Stone give one hope, but the studio is on the back foot in that it has to make us care about essentially starting over on a franchise still quite fresh in many's memories."