- Cast: Jesse Eisenberg, Woody Harrelson, Emma Stone, Abigail Breslin, Amber Heard, Bill Murray, Derek Graf, Mike White, Jacob G. Akins, Elle Alexander, Melanie Booth, Chris Burns, Dalton Cole, Blaise Corrigan, Travis Grant, Robert Hatch, Amir Khan, Shaun Lynch, Jade Moser, Paul A. Moser, Darian O'Rear, Justin Price, April Rich, Joan Schuermeyer, Michelle Sebek, Jessalin Smith, Steven Stadler, Sonya Thompson, Victory Van Tuyl, Steve Warren, Travis Young
- Director: Ruben Fleischer
- Writers: Rhett Reese, Paul Wernick
- Producer: Gavin Polone
- Executive Producers: Ryan Kavanaugh, Rhett Reese, Ezra Swerdlow, Paul Wernick
- Art Direction: Austin Gorg
- Casting: John Papsidera
- Costume Design: Magali Guidasci
- D.O.P.: Michael Bonvillain
- Editor: Alan Baumgarten
- Makeup: Sarah Mays
- Music: David Sardy
- Production Design: Maher Ahmad
- Set Decoration: Gene Serdena
A cowardly shut-in named Columbus (Jesse Eisenberg) is forced to join up with a seasoned zombie slayer named Tallahassee (Woody Harrelson) in order to survive the zombie apocalypse. As Tallahassee sets out on a mission to find the last Twinkie on Earth, the duo meets up with Wichita (Emma Stone) and Little Rock (Abigail Breslin), two young girls who have resorted to some rather unorthodox methods to survive amidst the chaos. Reluctant partners in the battle against the undead, all four soon begin to wonder if it might be better to simply take their chances alone.
- Aspect Ratio: 2.35:1
- Filming Locations: Atlanta, USA; Los Angeles, USA
- MPAA Warning: Horror violence/gore and language
- Production Budget: $23.6 million
- Production Companies: Columbia Pictures, Relativity Media, Pariah
- Production Schedule: February 2009 - April 2009
Production shot over 42 days.
Emma Stone loved shooting the gun on set.
Director Ruben Fleischer have stated that he was inspired to make this by Shaun of the Dead (2004) - another zombie comedy.
With the exception of Maggie, the other prominent characters all have names that are of American state capitals: Tallahassee (Florida), Little Rock (Arkansas), Columbus (Ohio), and Wichita (Kansas).