- Cast: Gina Carano, Michael Fassbender, Channing Tatum, Ewan McGregor, Michael Douglas, Michael Angarano, Antonio Banderas, Bill Paxton, Mathieu Kassovitz, Eddie J. Fernandez, Anthony Wong, Tim Connolly, Maximino Arciniega, Aaron Cohen, Julian Alcaraz, Edward A. Duran
- Director: Steven Soderbergh
- Writer: Lem Dobbs
- Producer: Gregory Jacobs
- Co Producer: Alan Moloney
- Executive Producers: Michael Polaire, Tucker Tooley Art Direction: James F. Oberlander
- Art Direction: James F. Oberlander
- Casting: Carmen Cuba
- Costume Design: Shoshana Rubin
- D.O.P.: Steven Soderbergh
- Editor: Steven Soderbergh
- Makeup: Georgia Allen
- Music: David Holmes
- Production Design: Howard Cummings
- Set Decoration: Barbara Munch
Beautiful freelance covert operative Mallory Kane is hired out by her handler to various global entities to perform jobs which governments can't authorize and heads of state would rather not know about. After a mission to rescue a hostage in Barcelona, Mallory is quickly dispatched on another mission to Dublin. When the operation goes awry and Mallory finds she has been double crossed, she needs to use all of her skills, tricks and abilities to escape an international manhunt, make it back to the United States, protect her family, and exact revenge on those that have betrayed her.
- Aspect Ratio: 2.35:1
- Filming Locations: Dublin, Ireland; Los Alamos, USA
- MPAA Warning: Boxing action, some bullying and language
- Production Budget: $25 million
- Production Companies: Lakeshore Entertainment, Lionsgate, Relativity Media
- Production Schedule: 2 February 2010 - 25 March 2010
2012 Guide Analysis: "Originally titled "Knockout", this marks a change of pace for Soderbergh with a throwback to two of best sub-genres in 70's cinema - exploitation and espionage films. Good word of mouth is already spreading from press screenings last month, calling it a strong gritty action thriller with believable and realistic fighting. The best description remains one I heard a year back - "as if Alfred Hitchock made a Pam Grier movie".
Lem Dobbs ("Dark City," "The Score," "The Limey") penned the story about a double crossed freelance covert operative who must use her abilities to escape an international manhunt, make it back to the United States, protect her family, and exact revenge on those who betrayed her.
Italian-American mixed martial arts fighter Gina Carano is the lead and can kick the ass of her male counterparts, which consists of some pretty famous names including those above plus Channing Tatum and Bill Paxton.
Question is can she hold her own on the acting front? The brief glimpses from the trailer show she's actually not that bad. Unfortunately the story isn't anything new, another cheap Bourne knock-off treading over familiar territory. Should still be more fun than most films dumped in January."