- Cast: Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Michael Shannon, Jamie Chung, Dania Ramirez, Aasif Mandvi, Nick Damici, Aaron Tveit, Aija Terauda, Ronald Scott Maestri, Danielle McKee, Jennifer Butler, Ashley Austin Morris, Brian Koppelman, Lauren Ashley Carter, Heather Lindell, Hoon Lee, Anthony Chisholm, Lyman Chen, Naeem Uzimann, Peter Conboy, Jian, P.J. Sosko, Sebastian La Cause, Darlene Violette, Amy Hohn, Steven J. Klaszky, Matthew Rauch, Rick Zahn, Gustavo Cunha, Shing Ka
- Director: David Koepp
- Writers: David Koepp, John Kamps
- Producer: Gavin Polone
- Executive Producer: Mari-Jo Winkler
- Castings: Pat McCorkle, John Papsidera
- Costume Design: Luca Mosca
- D.O.P.: Mitchell Amundsen
- Editors: Derek Ambrosi, Jill Savitt
- Makeup: Pamela May
- Music: David Sardy
- Production Design: Thérèse DePrez
- Set Decoration: George DeTitta Jr
Dodging speeding cars, crazed cabbies, open doors, and eight million cranky pedestrians is all in a day’s work for Wilee (Joseph Gordon-Levitt), the best of New York's agile and aggressive bicycle messengers.
It takes a special breed to ride the fixie – super lightweight, single-gear bikes with no brakes and riders who are equal part skilled cyclists and suicidal nutcases who risk becoming a smear on the pavement every time they head into traffic.
But a guy who’s used to putting his life on the line is about to get more than even he is used to when his last envelope of the day – a routine “premium rush” run – turns into a life or death chase through the streets of Manhattan.
- Aspect Ratio: 2.35:1
- Filming Locations: New York City, USA
- MPAA Warning: Some violence, intense action sequences and language
- Production Budget: $85 million
- Production Companies: Pariah
- Production Schedule: July 2010 - September 2010
2012 Guide Analysis: "Shot mid-2010 and originally scheduled for release this month, this simple high-concept thriller surprised a few when it was pushed back to a late Summer release. No real explanation was given other than this is the kind of film best suited for a January or August slot and "Man on a Ledge" seems to have already had this month staked out for itself.
In this, Joseph Gordon-Levitt plays a highly adept New York City bicycle messenger who picks up what he thinks is a routine last package for the day from an ex-girlfriend. He has 90 minutes to get it from 28th Street & 6th Ave to 116th Street & Broadway, but suddenly finds himself being pursued by a brutal cop (Michael Shannon) and some others out to kill him.
The combination of bike-based stunts with Levitt & Shannon playing against each other are the draws here. It's a decent small thriller concept but writer/director David Koepp's directing efforts have proven quite mixed in the past so it could go either way. I'd expect a decent little movie worth a rental."