Robert Downey Jr. and Channing Tatum were this past financial year’s highest paid actors, though both didn’t get there through salaries alone.
Downey topped the annual Forbes list of highest paid actors with earnings of $75 million between June 2012 and June 2013. While some of that was a salary for the films he starred in, a big portion of it is due to his Marvel deal which gives him a cut of “Iron Man 3” and “The Avengers” revenue.
A similar situation happened with actor Channing Tatum who came in second with $60 million. Tatum and filmmaker Steven Soderbergh put up the $7 million to make “Magic Mike,” as a result much of the film’s profits went directly into their pockets.
Other notable changes – Johnny Depp didn’t make the top ten this year, while last year’s winner Tom Cruise only made half as much this time around ($37 million) and fell to seventh. The top ten this year are:
1. Robert Downey Jr: $75 million
2. Channing Tatum: $60 million
3. Hugh Jackman: $55 million
4. Mark Wahlberg: $52 million
5. Dwayne Johnson: $46 million
6. Leonardo DiCaprio: $39 million
7. Adam Sandler: $37 million
8. Tom Cruise: $35 million
9. Denzel Washington: $33 million
10. Liam Neeson: $32 million