In celebration of Disney’s newest animated musical “The Princess and the Frog,” Walt Disney Studios is opening its Burbank gates to the public for a once-in-a-lifetime advance special engagement, welcoming Disney fans to experience its newest animated musical comedy November 25th – December 13th 2009.
The advance special engagement will also be featured in Clearview’s historic Ziegfeld Theatre in New York City. Following the film, fans on both coasts will also be treated to The Ultimate Disney Experience, an exciting extravaganza that will feature for the first time ever all nine of the Disney princesses (including the film’s Princess Tiana, Disney’s newest princess), as well as exciting Bayou games, movie archives, how-to presentations from Disney animators, Studio tours (for L.A. guests) and more. Tickets are now on sale.
Themed to the film’s setting, New Orleans, The Ultimate Disney Experience will feature something for the whole family:
– PRINCESS POWER — All nine of the Disney princesses will come together for the first time ever, welcoming Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, Cinderella, Belle, Ariel, Pocahontas, Jasmine, Mulan and of course, Disney’s newest princess, Tiana.
– FUN ‘N GAMES — The Experience will feature opportunities to swing on ropes, climb trees, play games and race through the Bayou Adventure, plus a New Orleans’s Bead Toss, Naveen’s Leap Frog, video games and more.
– HOLLYWOOD HEIRLOOMS — Disney movie archives will be on display for the first time ever, including props and costumes from a variety of films like “Mary Poppins,” the “Pirates of the Caribbean” trilogy and more.
– MOVIE MAGIC – Guests can learn movie magic from real Disney animators who will be on hand teaching guests how to draw a character from the film.
– PICTURE THIS – Guests can put themselves in the movie at Kodak photo locations. Kodak photographers will capture guests’ images and place them in a scene from the movie.
– INSIDER’s GLIMPSE — Burbank guests will also have the rare opportunity to tour the Studio lot.
Several shows will be presented daily on both coasts from November 25th – December 13th; show times are 10am, 1pm, 4pm and 7pm, with a 9:30pm show available select dates. Tickets go on sale at midnight September 8th featuring three options for Disney fans wishing to experience “The Princess and the Frog” and The Ultimate Disney Experience in New York or Los Angeles.
Group general admission tickets (for groups of 20 or more) are $20 each, general admission tickets are $30 each, and royal seating (a reserved seat, “The Princess and The Frog” Mardi Gras beads and an exclusive limited-edition collectible lithograph from “The Princess and The Frog”) is $50 per ticket.
Guests can call 1-800-DISNEY6 or log onto www.princessandfrogtickets.com for more information and to purchase tickets.