EW.Com has some exclusive new “Underworld: Rise of the Lycans” photos.
– Eight very cool character posters from “Watchmen” have gone online at Omelete.Br.
– Wes Craven tells STYD that “There has been contact. I haven’t spoken to Bob Weinstein but they have checked with my agent. I’m not saying ‘no'” about the possibility of a fourth “Scream”.
– “We have a treatment that we’re submitting to the studio in the next week or so. And if they sign off on that treatment, we’ll go to script, and hopefully we’ll have a script that’s shootable next summer” says Andrew Form and Brad Fuller on “The Birds” remake to Slashfilm. As for the “Rosemary’s Baby” remake? “We’re in the process of hiring a writer, to kind of update that movie. That’s the next movie that we’re making with Paramount Studios”.
– Author Dean Koontz revealed that his novel “Odd Thomas” has been adapted into a screenplay and the title character, a fry cook capable of talking to the dead, has already been cast.
– J.J. Abrams said that “There’s something we’re playing with now that may or may not happen. There’s an idea we have that plays with… it’s not a literal sequel” when asked about a “Cloverfield” sequel during a panel at Comic-Con this year.
– Frank Miller has apparently given “Watchmen” and “300” director Zac Snyder his blessing to shoot a film version of his most famous comic – the Batman tale “The Dark Knight Returns”.
– “Prince of Persia” creator Jordan Mechner says that the upcoming film is solely based on the “Sands of Time” game and not the sequel games. Also the unnamed prince of the games will be named Dastan in the film because “it was not practical for the film for the Prince to remain nameless” and Dastan is the Persian word for ‘trickster’.
– “I’d love to make another Evil Dead picture. And actually that’s in the wheelhouse. I’d like to work on it with my brother Ivan [Raimi] when he comes up next week” said Sam Raimi about doing another ‘Dead’ picture whilst promoting “Drag Me To Hell”.
– Kevin Feige has confirmed that the chances of the “Silver Surfer” movie going into production will depend a lot upon how the “Wolverine” movie does.
– “Torchwood” star John Barrowman has hinted that discussions have been taking place about him possibly starring as Captain America in Marvel’s “The First Avenger: Captain America”.
– Chris Evans says that a third “Fantastic Four” does not look like it will be happening any time soon – and his option to return is running out as well.
-The next “Futurama” DVD entitled “Bender’s Game” will be released on DVD and Blu-ray on November 4th 2008.
– The Antarctica-set Kate Beckinsale thriller “Whiteout” has been officially set for an April 24th 2009 release.
– The first poster for the Samuel L. Jackson thriller “Lakeview Terrace” has gone up at Cinematical.