In the wake of yesterday’s big announcement of Marvel Studios’ slate of Phase Three films, Marvel head honcho Kevin Feige has answered various questions that fans will have about the line-up, and more what films/characters are missing for it.
Feige answered these questions in a twenty-minute interview following the presentation, a full write-up can be found over in Dark Horizons’ features section. For those who only want the short bullet points:
– Hulk & Black Widow will NOT get standalones. They will, however, be very key characters in all three upcoming “Avengers” films and may appear in others in the line-up.
– Black Panther and Inhumans will score teases long before their solo films. The former gets easter eggs in ‘Ultron’ and a full costume appearance in “Captain America: Civil War” – check out a costume sketch at Marvel.com. Of the “Inhumans,” Feige promises we’ll get hints of them sooner than you may think.
– The ‘Civil War’ storyline won’t be about secret identities but about oversight and the superheroes of the world answering to some authority.
– The studio is only announcing things that are signed and sealed. That is why Benedict Cumberbatch wasn’t announced as “Doctor Strange,” and why there was no comment on a potential Spider-Man future crossover.
– “Captain Marvel” casting rumors will run rampant, but Marvel isn’t considering any of it until a writer and director are locked in – which they haven’t been yet.
– They won’t talk too much about cast lists for even the Phase Three films as “to even talk about who will be in what movies is a bit of a spoiler” indicating death may linger on the near horizon.
Click here for the full report.