While Paramount on Monday set a release date for a third “Transformers” in July 2011, one person has taken issue with it – the film’s director Michael Bay.
“Paramount made a mistake. They asked me on the phone, (and) I said yes to July 4 (weekend) — but for 2012. Whoops, not 2011! That would mean I would have to start prep in September. No way. My brain needs a break from fighting robots” said Bay on his official blog today.
Meanwhile TFMC received scans yesterday from a coloring book tie-in for the upcoming first sequel “Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen”, scans that give away some major plot details about the highly secretive story.
POTENTIAL MAJOR SPOILERS AHEAD:
– Sam, cannot stop writing strange hieroglyphic symbols, is kidnapped by the Decepticons at one point, with Optimus Prime eventually rescuing him
– The All Spark turns kitchen appliances into menacing robots and Mikaela (Megan Fox) chases Wheels to stop him steeling the All Spark
– Megatron is resurrected, possibly taking over control of the Decepticons from Starscream.
– Devastator appears on top of a pyramid, surrounded by tanks as Agent Simmons (Turturro) hurries to relay co-ordinates to take him out.
– The big finale has the Decepticons using an ancient machine attached to the top of a pyramid in Egypt which will be used to destroy the Sun. This leads to the The Fallen, Megatron, Decepticons and so on fighting against the humans and Autobots atop the pyramids.